My 4-yr JWD Anniversary!!!!!

by daniel-p 20 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

That's right, today marks 4 years I've been a raging, frothing-at-the-mouth, lunatic apostate full of hateful malice for God's annointed ones! I've sold my soul to the Devil, and can't wait to bathe in the lake of fire!

But seriously though, 4 years is a good long while!

I can remember the day I first posted on this site... I was at the cusp of a thoroughly shattered faith, and I was in complete despair. If it wasn't for this site and the people here, I don't know what I would have done. I can fairly say that the outcome would have been worse for me and my wife. For a while, there was absolutely no one I could talk to except for people here.

So for the record,

1. I am still completely "faded", and the elders have left me alone.

2. My wife is still "in," but hardly ever goes to meetings and never goes out in service. We're happy, and we have a baby on the way.

3. My parents know I basically don't believe in the WTS crap. We still have a relationship but don't talk about religion.

4. I successfully made my way through college, got my bachelors, and am now just finishing up my masters, while working full time.

5. While I am still "searching" for truth, meaning of life, etc. and interested in different perspectives, I am happy not having the answers to the universe, and in trying to achieve domestic tranquility, intellectual freedom, and emotional honesty.

Thanks everyone!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's good that you found your way.

I enjoy interacting with you - even when we don't see eye-to-eye.

Sylvia

• IronHill
    IronHill

Congrats! Sounds like you're where you want to be...

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Congrats! Sounds like you're where you want to be...

I'm getting there... its a continual process if you don't want to lose all the relationships in your life... slow and steady. The next big challenge is, of course, raising my kids without being slaves to the WTS.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Happy Anniversary man.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Kudos on working for a masters degree.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good for you!

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Good for you!! You are a terrific example that life after the JW's can be productive and positive.

• moshe
    moshe

Good for you- when the baby arrives be prepared for more JW pressure to get back inside the KH.- have a plan ready beforehand.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Cake for everyone! Woo Hoo!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit