Elder's past pics on facebook!

by asilentone 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

asilentone,

Don't stoop to their level. Be better than they are. The truth will out for that elder eventually.

Farkel

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Live and let live. It will all work out - one way or another.

I find that sometimes we/people get so caught up trying to straighten out someone else's life that we forget to live our own.

If, however, he was a friend and you really just wanted to touch his hear... You might ask why he chose that particular pic for his facebook page. Likely he would answer that it was one of the better pics of himself. From there you could comment that he looks very happy; must have been a fun gathering of people he enjoyed and felt comfortable with. Then let him remember that the celebration was indeed fun and there were (likely) no beheadings, slaughtering of virgins or drinking goat's blood.

-Aude.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

You could always send it in a mass email to every JW you know, from an email address not associated with you of course

• asilentone
    asilentone

wantstoleave, I like that idea, he he he!

• the real life
    the real life

I think we should leave people alone. Don't use the same hurtful tactics they use against others.

• dissed
    dissed

asilentone

I agree with Farkel and the real life. We don't want to become like them anymore.

A brief experience(I'm full of them) My wife and me were doing searches one night on the Web for old friends and found out a sister who is living a double life. How double you say?

Well, her secret worldly boyfriend secretly posted nude pictures of her on the Web. She is still active as a JW. If we were cruel, we could bring this to someone's attention, which could really hurt her. We would never want to hurt her, even though she won't talk to us anymore.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

In all seriousness, I agree with everyone else here - don't do anything. It can be fun to dream up things, but in reality, best to leave them to it.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I think I would at least comment on the pictures.

Maybe save a copy to your facebook photo page, Label the Album, Old Friends and Holidays or something.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit