Elder's past pics on facebook!

by asilentone 17 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

I found something very interesting about an elder on facebook. Actually, I was very surprised. He was raised in the "truth". I did not know that he celebrated Valentine's Day and Christmas while he was baptized JW in his early years. I saw the pics on one of my worldly friends fb page. That elder was giving me hard time when I was a dub, I just do not like him. I was thinking about talking to him about the pics of him on FB. I will tell him that he ALREADY sinned against the holy spirit since he celebrated the holidays as a JW. I think it would shut him up. LOL! Give me some suggestions on what to say to him, I will consider it.

• nelly136
    nelly136

over here when its someones birthday people sometimes blow up big pictures of them and put them along a main road that they drive down so they can see them (and everyone else) along whchever route they take to go somewhere.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Good idea!

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

Post those pictures on the KH bulletin board for all to see.

• blondie
    blondie

Celebrating holidays/birthdays is sinning against the holy spirt????? So where is that in the WTS publications.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Photoshop those suckers into compromising situations.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Blondie, Well, if you celebrate the holidays, you are considered as an apostate. Right? If you are apostate, you are sinning against the Holy Spirit. Right?

• blondie
    blondie

If you can show that to me in the WT publications, asilentone, I'd be interested so I can add it to my favorite WT quotes. I know of jws that da'd but were reinstated. I think it is hard to assign some WTS defined sin and attach it to "sinning against the holy spirit." I know that individual jws have personal verbal opinions but not the same as official written in the publications. I find adultery more serious a sin and I have never seen that defined as sinning against the holy spirit.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The 07/15/07 WT Paragraph 20 says: “Any who fear that they have sinned against the holy spirit might ask themselves: ‘Have I blasphemed against the holy spirit? Did I genuinely repent of my sin? Do I have faith in God’s forgiveness? Am I an apostate who has rejected spiritual light?’ Very likely, such individuals will realize that they have not blasphemed against God’s holy spirit, nor have they become apostates. They are repentant, and they have abiding faith in Jehovah’s forgiveness. If so, they have not sinned against Jehovah’s holy spirit.”

Pagagraph 18 says: “Even if a wrongdoer is at the time unrepentant and he is expelled from the congregation, his sin is not necessarily unforgivable.”

Therefore blasphemy against the holy spirit and being an unrepentant apostate are sins against the holy spirit

But celebrating pagan holidays, birthdays, adultery are not sins against the holy spirit, unless the person unrepentantly promotes these things becoming also an unrepentant apostate.

• asilentone
    asilentone

straightshooter, thank you for the quotes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit