don't marry that unbaptized meeting going sister, or loose your privileges

by DaCheech 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I thought that this was absolute standard advice counsel....I recall reading the WT definition of an unbeliever. as being one who is not yet baptized. Certainly, in my day the elders would never sanction the use of a K/Hall for a wedding if one of them were not baptized. For a M/S to announce engagement to an unbaptized or even newly baptized sister would certainly get him removed...........

Strange but true

• choosing life
    choosing life

If she is really interested in him, she just needs to hurry up and get baptized. After that, the elders cannot do anything if he marries her.

OR, they could run away together and never return.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

he's always been afraid to date anyone more than 4 years younger than him.

the one before this one was 2 years older than him

but this one is 14 years younger, and she's a 6 on 1-10 scale

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Has he ever been married before? I'd be scared to death to date a man in his late 40's who was still...um...untried.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

20 years ago, before he studied the truth he had a hottie girlfriend that he (as other "wordly" people have sex together) had to leave for the sake of the truth. He still sees that girl from afar (she lives a block away from his home). he would never go back to her even if she was a witless, because she probably tests another guy every 6 months

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Actually, who know's how many marriages the borg has ruined by trying to match people with complimentary field service reports intead of complimentary personalities.

Because if that was my mindset, I would have married a happy, beatiful woman, a sports fan who also liked... Aw, never mind, its in the past.

Anyway, what a god awful way to pick a mate: Are they "spiritual" enough? Do they read enough WT's? Jeez!

I apologize for my small burst of bitterness, but many of us who picked a wife the borg approved way now realize how foolish the standards we adopted were. (we weren't foolish, just fooled, like so many are)

He should marry whom he wants, as long as he is sure she wants him, outside of a JW context. If thats the case, and they get along, get married! Or do whatever the hell they want! lol

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

this elder interference has put this guy into "panick" mode. he is already sick, and these are making him worse.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    this elder interference has put this guy into "panick" mode. he is already sick, and these are making him worse.

As harsh as this sounds, at his age, he is going to have to learn to deal with that, quick.

I feel bad for him. I do believe that for most JW's with an ounce of honesty, there are moments where they can explore the lies, and make a decision. A decision to stay, a decision to cow to the authority of the elders, or a decision to leave, all have consequences. He is living his decisions and consequences right now. Sadly...

I hope he can figure it out!

• yknot
    yknot

Oh golly geez......

If he isn't able to choose his own mate, how on earth is he ever going to 'take the lead' as the head of house.

(I of course say the following with deep love and respect for such brothers worldwide).....men like this, while very sweet, need desperately to figure out where their balls are!......

From there hook him up with jwmatch or jwconnection ......maybe sneak in e-harmony too.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Lay off until she's baptized? What a load. Privileges can be had, lost, regained. If he has trouble landing one, he might start fishing early and reel her in. There's no DF'ing for marrying before she's a captive of the cult.

Is it possible that she's so hot that the elders' fantasies about her are more vivid if she remains available?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit