Abortions are evil since Jehovah "see's even the embryo" yet killing worldly babies at Armagedon is okay!

by Witness 007 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Sad isn't it?

It's kind of mind blowing/numbing now I've stepped outside the WT box and have begun to look at things they have taught, and all the 'new light' and come to the realisation it's all rubbish. I think you're right OTWO, scripture twisting...all false hope. So sad.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

A lady quit studying with my JW mom because of this very point. She said, "I can't believe God will kill innocent children just because of their parent's behavior at Armageddon when he says life is so precious to him."

I thought at the time it was a pretty good point, but I was 13 at the time and didn't say it out loud. But, it put another item on my list of "JW teachings that don't make any sense to me".

• Perry
    Perry

A lady quit studying with my JW mom because of this very point. She said, "I can't believe God will kill innocent children just because of their parent's behavior at Armageddon when he says life is so precious to him."

JW's cannot answer this question biblically because it would be the death knell to their works based salvation. They need Armageddon the way an enabler needs an alcoholic.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

never understood this one either, but, were never able to question it.

• Perry
    Perry

FINALLYSOMEPRIDE,

MATT 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
    22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved:

Armageddon isn't a battle where everyone who isn't a Jehovah's Witness is killed. This has been repeatedly pointed out here on this board.

The word "Armageddon" only occurs in Revelation 16:16 , "Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon." This speaks of the kings who are loyal to the Antichrist gathering together for a final assault on Israel. At Armageddon "the cup filled with the wine of the fury of [God's] wrath" ( Revelation 16:19 ) will be delivered, and the Antichrist and his followers will be overthrown and defeated.

This is a military conflict. Unless Jesus ends the conflict "no flesh" would be saved. JW's can't teach this truth because it eliminates the need for the Watchtower corporation. Jesus is the hero of the biblical story. The Watchtower organization is the hero of their story

After the conflict Jesus will simply walk into Jerusalem through the eastern gate an sit down on the throne of David, his father, in the newly rebuilt temple. Here he will rule with righteousness not deception.

In the Watchtower story, Jehovah kills everyone who isn't in good standing with the corporation, and the Watchtower takes over the day to day administration (under Jehovah's direction of course) of the world.

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

I dont have the exact quote now but do remember reading where Charles Taze Russel idea was more in line with Perry's statement; meaning that armageddon was more of a military conflict than anything else and JC's kingdom would rule over the masses...

nowhere did CT Russell ever impressed this idea, I mean he was wacko and all and even tried to make a buck selling miracle wheat but still had some respect towards human life as reflected in the bible...

on another note, I remember back when i was a hard core jw I would read this topic about ungodly children and the explanation given in the 'reasoning' book... where God back in the OT slaughtered children, infants, women, elderly and men alike... no comment on this :P

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Jehover does not like to see a food source go to waste.

And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee,

(Deut. 28:53)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit