Who has never celebrated Halloween?

by asilentone 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Never have. I didn't as a kid, being a JW, and it doesn't really appeal to me now that I'm an adult.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

ive never celebrated it either. Havent missed out on anything though.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

It's Fun!!! Especially if you have little kids.

If you are dressing up and going trick or treating, that's celebrating PSacramento...lol

I have a lot of fun with my little boy. It's fun for him to be able to dress up and then I take him and his friends to the church down from our house for a neighborhood "trunk or treat" and then they have a cook out. After that the kids like to walk through our subdivision and then visit the Victorian Houses and go trick or treating.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I haven't... But there's a good chance that'll change this year. ^_^

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I do somehow every year. It's the one time of year I can dress up and cut loose. Not that I dress all that differently on a daily basis, but I like the freedom. Also, it's just a good reason to go out and have some fun with my friends. Usually it's been a few drinks at a bar or two, but this year my gf and I are going to the coast with a couple of friends. Should be fun and relaxing as well as a good excuse to get out of town for awhile.

As far as "celebrating", not so much. I don't have children and don't care to sit at home and hand out candy. I can't be arsed to decorate the house or any of the other usual stuff, tho I do like to carve a pumpkin every several years.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Never have, doubt I ever will either.

• LoriJis
    LoriJis

Ive never celebrated it cuz o the way i was raised. But this year will be the irst year I do.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Celebrating is also decorating and handing candy out to the kids. I have a blast every year! We usually have between 250 to 300 kids come to our neighborhood, and then there's a big cake walk downtown.

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

I've never celebrated it. I'm hoping in 1-2 years from now I'll be out of my current situation and able to. Out of all the holidays, Halloween was always the most appealing to me.

I'd probably do a different Halloween theme each year. When I do something fun, like have a party, I usually go all out, so I see myself doing the same with Halloween.

One year I may decorate my house based on vampires, another year a traditional haunted house, a mad scientist theme another year. I'd like to do something disturbingly different, perhaps one year have an Ed Gein theme, (just toss a few Fleshlight inserts in a box, call one mom, add salt and I've got myself a Halloween decoration). I wonder what the neighbors reactions would be the year I draw Satanic symbols all over the outside of my home with fake blood and blast Slayer from my open windows... It'd keep the Witlesses away for sure.

• fokyc
    fokyc

This is my 77th year of NOT celebrating Halloween, have I missed something?

fokyc

ps Happy Birthday to me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit