those stupid sister talks!

by highdose 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• highdose
    highdose

am just remembering the awful headache that came with having to put say " how do we know that mary was a virgin?" subject matter , into a "first call" setting with a " work on gestures" ... all together into a script that would kinda make sense!! All in 5 mins with at least 2 scriptures used, both of which normaly seemed to have nothing to do with the subject matter!

oh how i hated it! do you remember having to paste or pin the notes into the different portions of your bible? because they weren't meant to be visable?!! Sitting up there on the platform, with everyone staring at you! awfull experiance! and i don;t actualy mind public speaking...

sorry just a late night rant... but i'm sure i'm not the only one?

• Girlie
    Girlie

LOL! Oh yeah. Most of them always end with the householder being convinced to have a study. I especially love how the congregation frown at you when you end the talk with the householder not accepting your literature. LMAO

• highdose
    highdose

does anyone remember the time the TMS went through all the charaters ever named in the bible? even if they only got mentioned once?!

" you know sister? the other day i was thinking about Hezzikiah?..."

• kriptonian7
    kriptonian7

ugh i hated doing talks...I reemmber the sister talks and though that i was luck y that i didnt have to correlate it with another person.

My grandfather use to write mine for me, then I just started using his outlines and just plugged info into his format. As if I didnt have enough to do already with school and homework. You know the things that were going to make it possible for me to get a ral job and provide for my own family one day.

I will tell you what I did like...doing the microphones during the meetings...gave me soemthing to do and kept me from sleeping the whole time and my mother pinching me all damn night under my arm.

i forgot that we got graded for how often we used gestures and stuff...wow.

• highdose
    highdose

my mum used to smack me on the arm with her watchtower when she thought it was time for me to answer up! half the time i didn't... was too busy going "oww!" and rubbing my arm!!!

• nelly136
    nelly136

i used to try and avoid them like the plague, on the occassions i couldnt avoid them i would end up talkin to god on the big white telephone.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

No, you're not the only one.

• highdose
    highdose

whats the big white telephone???

• nelly136
    nelly136

technicolour yawn :)

• highdose
    highdose

sorry nelly, still not with ya. Is this some innuendo that i'm missing or somthing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit