I AM GOD

by nicolaou 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

And so are you.

The 'god' of the Bible doesn't define what is good or bad - you and I do. It isn't 'god' that will provide for our futures, feed the hungry, cure diseases and fight injustice - you and I will do that. 'He' isn't god - you are and I am!

Of course, we can also 'be' the Devil.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Interesting concept. You are right, we often times create our own destiny. But sometimes things happen because we are at the right place at the right time and it makes us feel good to give create to a Supreme Being. Since we did not create the Earth and everything on it, by having a God, we now have an explaination.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The book of Genesis, in a way, portrays man and woman as becoming gods when they eat of the tree of knowledge of good and bad. The only thing missing, of course, was immortality.

I think this is the single most interesting theme in Genesis... what it means to be like God is knowing the difference between good and bad, and knowing OF good and bad. The latter concept is distinctly different than the first one... in essense, sacrificing good or bad for a desired outcome. Isn't that what the God of the Bible does continually? Making decisions that could be construed as good or bad, depending on the circumstances, for his desired outcome?

• parakeet
    parakeet

My mommy always told me I was special. Now I know why.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

"God is love" (1 John 4:8)

"Faith is the beginning and love is the end and the two existing in unity are God" (Ignatius, Ephesians 14:1).

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them" (Matthew 18:20).

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I don't know if the Devil is real, but I once dated his sister.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Psalm 82:

6 "I said, 'You are "gods";
    you are all sons of the Most High.'

7 But you will die like mere men;
    you will fall like every other ruler."

• Robdar
    Robdar

I don't know if the Devil is real, but I once dated his sister.

Oh, the devil is very real. I was married to him for 14 years.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The thing is our conscience tells us what is good and bad.

It doesn't matter what race or time in history you are born in, the conscience remains pretty much intact

Most would agree with the ten commandments even if they had never heard of the bible or the God it portrays.

All the best,

Stephen

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Oh, the devil is very real. I was married to him for 14 years.

It's good to know I didn't suffer alone. I'm in good company.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit