ethical consequences of faking reinstatement...

by drew sagan 52 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

forgive me if I hyjack this thread, but this true story happened nearby:

a girl who had a lesbian affair was df'd, after a year she faked the "change" and got reinstanted, now she is back to her favorite hobby.

faking just to be? it can't work

• flipper
    flipper

DREW- As you and some may know here - I had the opportunity to assist someone in a successful fake reinstatement. There are always positives and negatives involved. As the person told me who I assisted - it has been a challenge for this individual to have to hear fanatic JW relatives question why this person had doubts or didn't attend meetings regularly. It has been hard for this person to see how " conditional " the love from JW relatives is - just because they got " reinstated " - suddenly the person is accepted back.

In the person's case I assisted - this person had a number of JW relatives to re-connect with - mostly only at a distance with them living hundreds of miles away. So in that case- it's a bit easier. It can work if the person has limited contact with the JW relatives where they don't have to be super dubs and go to meetings constantly. With your wife - if she's getting a fake reinstatement just to appease parents that live nearby who seem to want to control her and only one fleshly sister to please who lives nearby - it seems like a hell of a sacrifice on your wife's part - just to appease people who will be expecting the moon from her. I think she's making the right decision in her particular case to not go along with it. And I'm sure you are relieved as well

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Thanks for the comments Flipper. My wife said to me this morning that if we lived far away from the family, and she had to fake it with some unknonwn congregation it wouldn't be so bad. But as it stands, there is to much history and emotion between her parents, the Elders at the Hall, and her sister.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit