Have you been disfellowshipped for causing divisions?

by asilentone 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The charge of causing divisions was thrown my way by my ex father in law. Because I would not allow him to run my marraige, he grew increasingly domineering. After getting sick of his shit I told him never to call my household again. He then ran to the elders with a charge of causing divisions in the family and the congregation. The elders blew it off

• teel
    teel

I'm still in, but if there's a destiny, this probably will be mine Oh well, it seems I'm in "good" company, considering how many divisions the GB caused it's a mirracle how they didn't disfellowshipped themselves. This really proves they're spirit directed right? Because God would clear the congregation of anyone causing such divisions as the ones caused by 1914, Romans 13, 1975, 144.000, new light, etc.

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

I almost got hit with that! I had a few people try to get "why I was leaving". I would say "Well if I did that, then technically if I accidentaly convince you there is no god, or that something is wrong here, I can be called an apostate, you don't want that do you?"

Everyone left me alone after that. Thank goodness.

Still not Df'ed ...yet. If I am I will turn into a jerk, because when I have nothing to lose I tell the truth in the blunt most cutting way [the only thing keeping me nice and afraid of offending my family is if they perceive I turn nasty it may go poorly for me]. It might actually be therapudic, but I like my family, so that would be horrible.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am not d/f'd but many years ago I had a friend who was d/f'd for "causing division in the congregation". It was all sad really.

Looking back it is obvious that he was suffering some form of instability and paranoia. He did think that some in the congo, (elders) were "after him" and would blow up trivial remarks out of all proportion. These things have a self fulfilling life of their own since after upsetting a few of them, they were indeed glad to see the back of him.

I was young, barely out of my teens, I helped him as much as I could but it is clear now that he needed therapy, instead he got shunned by the Borg..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit