Have you been disfellowshipped for causing divisions?

by asilentone 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

I would like to hear your story.

• tlawrence101
    tlawrence101

I was disfellowshipped beforebut it wasn't for division. I told them that I practiced immorrallity if I spelled that right. It is not a good idea to have an attitude of hatred or should I say non unity because it goes against the grain of he way we are designed. There is somethihng that draws a person to another and there is something that repells persons. Emotions are different which is a major factor on why we can't all just get along, so to speak.

• yknot
    yknot

That was my old Nazi PO's wet dream for many years.........

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

tlawrence101, what is your current status?

• tlawrence101
    tlawrence101

Now we are in a world full of ideas and everybody wants to be a winner and take their place at the top. There is enough for everyone to go around as was brought out in numerous accounts. It is just positioning yourself to feal comfortable at any given momement. That is why I look forward to the time when all tears will be wiped out. I will always have an outlook on life to whereby the decisions that I will make will be for good. That is what Jehovah promise in Revelation 21:3,4.

• villabolo
    villabolo

I was in the process of being disfellowshipped for apostacy. My "apostacy" was my belief that the phrase "the truth" should not be used to refer to the organization out of respect for Jesus who said "I am the way and the truth and the life." (John 14:6) The elders in their scripture quotations brought up the scripture about causing divisions. I told them that I was not causing any divisions. They responded by saying that I was a division of one.

villabolo

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

(small sigh) I just don't think I'm up for this again.

• wobble
    wobble

I know that, in reality, the WT cares not a fig for scriptural support for anything they do, but they make a pretence that their system of D.F 'ing is scriptural, so where would they turn for authority to D.F someone for causing divisions ? (How would they prove you had caused a division anyway ?)

Diotrephes and others were verbally condemned for a wrong attitude, but formally dis-fellowshipped ? where is the scriptural proof ?

Love

Wobble

• asilentone
    asilentone

bttt for the evening crew in the USA.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

I was in one Congo that was heavily divided within the body of elders! Lots stood down including ms's. No one was df'd, though one was publicly marked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit