We Want You Back

by Dune 18 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Since when are they going to use the economy (or the upcoming One World Totalitarian Government) to get me back as a witless? First, it was as bad to worse during the First Dark Ages--and the end didn't come then. Second, they are leaving out Peace AND SECURITY, which they always do when times get harder.

No, I do not feel like quitting my job, or degrading my performance because I will need time off for the a$$emblies or because I am too tired because of wasting all day in field circus, just for that cancer. I have already done the research--whether or not it's the truth, I am better off outside. And no economic depression is going to make me want to go back. Plus, why should I join the ranks of the unemployed when it's so hard to find another job just so I can support that cancer and go back to rewarding God, scaring the opposite sex out of life (as if they don't already have enough trouble in that religion), and wasting all my time in field circus and/or the Value Destroyer Training School?

As for job security, all I need do is look at what happens at Beth Hell. How many people on these boards have been thrown out because of sickness or advancing age, or breaking a trivial rule (which at a regular job would have resulted only in verbal corrections, not even a write up)? How many in Beth Hell know someone that has had that happen? So much for job security. And, they get next to zero compensation, and they get zero pensions once they leave or get thrown out of Beth Hell.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Wow, sounds like desperation to me. I guess having unemployed people must be better than having NO people at all. But, I suspect they have an ulterior motive besides the fact that they just want people keeping seats warm in the hall or out in the ministry knocking on doors.

I think it is all about needing people to do FAVORS. They must figure if you are unemployed you will make yourself available.

• peacedog
    peacedog

I'd like to nominate shamus for 'post of the day' honors for this gem: "I'd rather be a homeless hobo than go back to that crap."

I'm with ya man, I'm with ya.

• trueblue
    trueblue

New Thought,

JW's have said it themselves,

Satin always looks for the weakest link for prey

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your not going to get Social Support..

From people who Frown on Socializing..

....................OUTLAW

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

The crazy thing is Dune, they use the economic downturn and financial hardship thing to lure you back, and then once you're back in you're under compulsion to be "a cheerful giver" with contributions for the www, the CO's car fund and expenses, renovations to the KH if needed, etc, the expense of new meeting clothes, car costs getting back and forth to meetings and fs, not to mention all the literature you would have to purchase donate for to catch up on old the 'new light' that you have missed over the past 3 years!

Sounds like you'd be better off financially not going back!

Hopscotch

• metatron
    metatron

"Well, Gee, Brother Moron, given that you've lost your job, my going back to the meetings doesn't appear to offer much of a solution, does it?"

metatron

• dissed
    dissed

The only reason I would go back after 13 years would be to find the local JW child molesters so I could accidentally run them over in the KH parking lot.

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

I would take the time to point out that if it took 3 years and a list to get to me, I'm not important enough to them and if I were to believe in god, not important enough to have god inspire someone to speak with me about my many issues with the religious environment I grew up in.

Economic downturn... I'd join the Mary Kay Cult before them. [if you've ever been part of a full blown group some of them are A LOT like witnesses and Trusting in god is part of your business. They even have vows and stuff with god mentioned.].

This is like the ex witness site of mary kay. http://www.thepinkingshears.com/

They even use mind control/guilt tactics. I know because Ive known lots of women that have sold it and been to a meeting to see a demo. NIce women, not a great business environment. Decent product, but I like M.A.C and LUSH better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit