Did any of you ever feel so sad a depressed in field service

by life is to short 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

LITS: I agree there's good and bad everywhere. The mistake is to say that JW are all good, caring and loving; they are not. At least not more that in any other human group. If I had a heart atack at my office, some people will care, some won't. I wouldn't be surprised if I had to drive myself like you had to do. The difference is that my company doesn't boast about being a spiritual paradise, and place full of loving and caring fellows. JW's do. That's why their shortcomings come across as crass and unbelievable.

For years they make you think only JWs build houses for people in need after a storm; that only they care for their neighbors; that only here you find true love... well is not true.I've seen the good of many, many non-JWs organizations and people. I have to say much more than within JW's.

Throughout 40 years as a JW I have received help and felt the love many times... I also been ignored and mistreated many times. One thing I see for sure: they will be loving and caring when it's convenient for them, and when it's not bothersome. Otherwise, they'll tun their back on you before you can say 'spiritual paradise'.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks I feel silly for making this post now. I had just woken up this morning and mornings are the hardest time for me. It is like when it all hits me. My husband leaves for work then I get ready to go to work and it is all right there, the wasted life I lead in this cult and yes I have read Steven Hassan's books and I need to go back and reread them. I read them right when I was starting to see the truth about this religion. I think leaving a cult that one is raised in is so hard because of all the brain washing that we had right from the start. At least for me it seems that way. I have to relearn so much. Thanks for all of your support. LITS

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

hi winstonchurchill (can i have your autograph) do you not think that JW try harder than other religions? Just a question as i wasnt ever a religious person before so i compare what i know now to the average person in the world.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

AE can you answer my PM please

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

To insiuate that the JW "try harder" than other religions is ridiculous, what besides FS do they do?

Do they open homelss shelters? Hospice for those in need? food kitchens?

Do they comfort those in need without asking anythign in return? copmfort those that are NOT Jw's and have no intention of ebing JW's ?

In their missionary work do they do more than FS? do they open schools? teach to read? help doctors without borders?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Puzzling, the difference in treatment of you by jws compared to nonjw. Must be like sd said, jws are only following the program, kind of like worker bees who are controled by the queen bee, and serve only her and her dictates.

You mentioned also depression while in the fs. I had that quite a lot, later on. One time, i was paired off w an old anointed. He liked doing calls by himself. So, he sent me off to do some doors. I went home, instead.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Puzzling, the difference in treatment of you by jws compared to nonjw. Must be like sd said, jws are only following the program, kind of like worker bees who are controled by the queen bee, and serve only her and her dictates.

You mentioned also depression while in the fs. I had that quite a lot, later on. One time, i was paired off w an old anointed. He liked doing calls by himself. So, he sent me off to do some doors. I went home, instead.

S

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Well, I feel for you and can relate. My mother and I got the same treatment when my father was terminally ill 10 years ago. No one gave a crap or bothered to come by. My mom had asked for assistance, her first time in 25 years, and do you know what those Elders told my mother? To either a.) have her 75 year old mother-in-law cook for us or b.) eat out. Oh, and why are you depressed? Better get to all the meetings and go in the field ministry more. This was the "loving encouragement" and guilt that was laid upon my grieving mother during her time of need.

My mother had a liver transplant in an adjacent state, and afterwards the new liver did not function properly. After about 2 months in the hospital it became obvious she was not going to make it. Now, she knew all about the "Truth" and it's lies, she actually bought Franz'z books and gave them to me!! But, she was still considered active, was a JW for 25 years, nice, loving, etc. I figured in her time of need and despair that a Shepharding Call would be appropriate to at least offer hope for what was ahead in the future. (Yes, we still believe in a hope after death). So, I call up the Presiding Overseer who use to always be nice to me, and it was around supper time. Well, before he even got on the phone I could hear him huffing and puffing, and after I related our circumstances to him he asked what I thought he wanted him to do. I was aghast....I was like what do you mean? Can you please come to this hospital and speak with my dying mother? This "prince among men" couldn't have given a shit, and proceeded to tell me that he'd get some contact info for some LOCAL Elders of the hospital and that I could contact THEM and set something up. **Click**. I closed my cell phone and my jaw was hanging on my knees. Neither my mother or myself were considered DA'd, DF'd, or anything. About a week later she passed away, and I never did get a phone call from those self-righteous pricks, and none of them bothered to call or send a card. However, 2 days before her passing, some of her co-workers DID manage to get ahold of me and inquire about my mother's status, and when I gave them the grim news about her condition, about 4 of them got together to come down and visit her and tell stories and cry with us. That was about the most uplifting thing I could have imagined at that time, and my mother was awake and cognitive also. I couldn't believe it...these so-called "worldy" people got together and made an overnight trip 250 miles to see and visit their dying coworker and friend, yet the PO couldn't wipe his hands clean of the situation fast enough.

Truly, you will know Jesus' followers by the love they show, and JW's don't fit that description at ALL. These people are 99% useless, unless it is something they want from you!! Everytime I think MAYBE they have the truth or are right, I think back to these experiences and become nausous. They don't know the first thing about "Christian Love," only how to take advantage of you, lay guilt trips upon the flock, and keep you poor, uneducated, and easily manipulated.

- Wing Commander

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

AE: Harder at what? Placing Magazines? Sure. Doing more hours? No doubt.

Now when it comes to helping others in practical ways... Not too sure. See, things are presneted to us in terms of "there's no better help than offering everlasting life", so nothing's more important than preaching, therefore there's not much time/effort for anything else. We are taught 'worldly" charities are worthless because they offer only temporrary relief... Well, temporary relief is what sometimes people need. If one of my kids is ill, I'd love some "Temporary relief" from a charity funded hospital; and I'm sure no JW's funds are helping that hospital.

You are 'active' as I am. tell me, how many JWs do you know write a check for St. Jude Hospital for kids with cancer? or donate to homeless shelters? or participate in community improvement events?

and when a storm fianlly hits and WTS decides to help, why is it a "For-JW's-Only" effort? Will a boklet with the hope for a better future help a lot a family without a roof?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Matthew 25:31-46, in Jesus's won word, what he askes of US.

Notice the lack of FS and "bible studies".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit