CHILDREN DECLARED WITCHES BY FUNDAMENTALIST PREACHERS

by villabolo 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Avishai said:

Sanctions on any US based church that does this over there. Yank their tax free status. Shit would change in a hurry.

Good point, Avi.

(There is no way I'm watching that video.)
    Here is the Guardian article, which is difficult enough: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/dec/09/tracymcveigh.theobserver

There is one man doing something about it:In Esit Eket, up a nameless, puddled-and-potholed path is a concrete shack stuffed to its fetid rafters with roughly made bunk beds. Here, three to a bed like battery chickens, sleep victims of the besuited Christian pastors and their hours-long, late-night services. Ostracised and abandoned, these are the children a whole community believes fervently are witches.

Sam Ikpe-Itauma is one of the few people in this area who does not believe what the evangelical 'prophets' are preaching. He opened his house to a few homeless waifs he came across, and now he tries his best to look after 131.

• villabolo
    villabolo
    Like send the Peace Corps into that country and give them a sound education and expose of those Fundamentalist money sucking psychopathic preachers who live off this situation. villabolo

John Doe:

"Do you think that would work for Jehovah's Witnesses?"

You got a good point, but even if the situations seem parallel to each other I would still consider them worth a try. The trick in succeeding is to learn about and understand the culture. Also some Machiavellian tactics would not hurt like getting black preachers to condemn the witch hunting preachers as false prophets and use the New Testament in contrast with the old (where witches are mentioned). Also these "anti-preachers" could condemn the witch hunting preachers as witches themselves. One could even set up tent meetings and make this attempt at persuasion have a church like atmosphere that the people are accustomed to.

Yes, I know it's idealistic but at least it's worth a try. The cost is low and it could reverse the awful reputation the US has for being a warmongering nation.

Avishai: "Sanctions on any US based church that does this over there. Yank their tax free status. Shit would change in a hurry."

That might work too. A combination of both tactics might work even better.

BabaYaga: Thank you for the citation.

Beksbks: I think we will need at the least some armed guards or a minimal presence of the military to protect the volunteers. Those preachers will look at these actions as a threat to their livelihood and there's no telling what they'll do. If they brutalize children they could easily kill unarmed Americans.

Satanus: "We could send dr phil and opra over there. A lot cheaper than marines. Very funny Satanus, how many nails are there in your head?

villabolo

• John Doe
    John Doe
    The cost is low and it could reverse the awful reputation the US has for being a warmongering nation.

Why is that an awful reputation?

• villabolo
    villabolo

John Doe, a warmonger is a person who urges or attempts to stir up war regardless of whether it's justified or not. Iraq is a perfect example of that. Basic morality dictates that wars should not be started except in retaliation or carefully thought out preemption. I know that's what our former idiot President claimed but that's another story. The government was hallucinating excuses for a preemptive strike giving Pacifists a good case for never having a preemptive war. I am not a Pacifist. I realize the complexities of the issue but most people, in my arrogant opinion, do not.

In any case I assumed that you know the meaning of the word warmonger which leads me to the question, do you think that aggression without cause is acceptable?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit