the first christmas...need help

by highdose 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

I celebrate the generic holiday too, so most of my decorations are from nature. You can find such a wide range of an assortment of things to decorate with, there is no limit except to the amount of money you can or will spend. I love the holidays. The only thing absolutely banned with no argument during the holidays is....

NO TINSEL, EVER!!!

Other than that, the sky's the limit.

Ada

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Cicatrix: the best part of your story, is that even though everyone knows it's "tradition", you are open to something new.

My grandchildren each make me an ornament and wrap it themselves. They put their name and the year somewhere on the ornament. Some are too fragile to hang every year, but they are in a special box that we go though each year. I knew the time would come when I'd have to share them with another family, it's ok...they always come back.

I got to be there when each of my grandchildren were born. I don't think there is anything as special as that! Congrats on your new one!

lisa

• restrangled
    restrangled

High Dose,

The main thing is to have fun, start your own traditions and cook up a storm trying new recipes!!! Enjoy, enjoy enjoy.

I love decorating the tree for Christmas. Each year I buy one expensive new ornament to add to my kids creations from years ago, gift ornaments from family and friends. etc. Each year its a thrill to pull them out along with the memories that ensue.

Best wishes for a great Holiday season for you and your family!

r.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Rent "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" or better yet, buy it. Pay attention to the outside lights, Clark gets it about right. Your probably won't have to worry about the redneck inlaws.

Buy oone of the dated hallmark ornaments that says "our first christmas together" with this years date. It will be a conversation piece for years to come.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Wiz LOLOL! First Christmas is huge!~ When I got out in 97 my kids were 9, 6 and 3-1/2 and it was quite a wonderful time for all of us! My still JW husband was NOT happy about me decorating and I was NOT allowed to put anything where it could be seen from outside! So...we decorated the crap out of the back rooms of the house LOL! Started out with a little affordable pre-lit tree which you could do research on and find really cheap right now and put colored lights on it. Im with Wiz you cant have enough lights. AND it has fiber optic lights on it too so its reeeeeally pretty! You can get some great old fashioned decorations from places like Home Store and Big Lots. Got some amazingly pretty things there for very little. Get some wired ribbon to wrap around your tree to finish it off. You can change its look with different colored ribbon every year too. Get a special ornament for this critical life changing YEAR!! with a DATE on it! And get one every year with a date on it!

Invite people over...have a TREE DECORATING PARTY. Have everybody bring ONE special ornament to help with your FIRST TREE. I guarantee you will receive some really special beautiful ones!

Awwww.....have a great holiday honey!

loves

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I absolutely love this thread.

DJK and Billy the EX you both made me laugh out loud! Parakeet, that's a heck of a dandy planning list you have there! Lisa, I love your "it's tradition!" story!

Love to all, and CONGRATULATIONS, HIGH DOSE!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Go all the way!..

Goose ..

Your Turkey..

With a Ham..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Double post

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My first Christmas Tree ....teeny tiny .......I work in a Gift store that is full of xmas items ,and I am the main display decorator ,but at home my husband is still not comfortable with it all yet ......so I have to contain myself !

Last year I put up greenery and lights on the front porch.... this year I have my fingers crossed for LED lights at least on the back of the house :) and in the garden.

• blondie
    blondie

Post on Secret Santa and Christmas Card list threads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit