Rev. 14.4

by is there help out there 31 Replies latest jw friends

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

I was cleaning out my wallet and I came across this that I showed to a Young JW at work and she freeked out.

Rev. 14.4 states, However states that the 144000 are not the total number of believers in Jesus who will enter Heaven. They are only the first fruit`s,

The first of a much larger number to follow.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Hey very good point. Thanks. I will be using this. Many times I read that and never caught it.

• yknot
    yknot

(Revelation 14:4) 4 These are the ones that did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins. These are the ones that keep following the Lamb no matter where he goes. These were bought from among mankind as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb,

Not trying to be ignorant.......but I don't see the big hub-bub.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    are not the total number of believers in Jesus who will enter Heaven

It actually doesn't say that.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I posted earlier this week on how the 144,000 are only a selection from a much larger (innumerable) number.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/182944/1/Number-of-Christians-in-First-Century

The Society claims that the 144,000 represent the totality of "spiritual" Israel but the census given in v. 4-8 shows that this is in fact not the case.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Revelation is the WTS's best friend and worst enemy at the same time.

It's so full of whack stuff that they apply to themselves and convince the members that they know what they are talking about.
    At the same time, it clearly says that the great crowd (or multitude or whatever) are in heaven.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Great Crowd in heaven? Prove it.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Great Crowd in heaven? Prove it.

Thanks for the laugh.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Rev. 7 :13-14 shows the ones dressed in white came out of the great tribulation. Rev.22 :14 "Happy are those who wash their robes, that the authority to the trees of life may be theirs and they may gain entrance into the city by its gates." Rev. 19: 1 and 6 speak of a great crowd in heaven.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

That's it? Why can't both groups be wearing white robes, the 144,000 and the "great crowd"? That great multitude in heaven could be angels at Rev 19:1. This isn't proof. It is only a possibility. It's not solid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit