Your views of the headship

by greenie 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWoods
    JWoods

I have come to view New Testament Paul as a mysogynist writer, a egotistic blowhard, and very possibly a homosexual.

The watchtower form of "headship", expanding on Paul anti-marriage, anti-woman ranting is however largely of their own making and is an out of date extension of first century custom.

There really is no form of controlling head games that this organization does not like.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A very young elder in the cong I attended was in the back of the hall during a talk. He said to me, "This headship stuff is a bunch of crap." A year later he was divorced. She left him. W.Once

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Having been under the THUMB of a jerk husband before this JW one, I NEVER was going to allow myself to be lead around by the nosehairs by ANY male EVER again. So When I became a JW, it was a fight against the tide for me. They were constantly trying to make me "gray" when I desperately was trying to retain my individuality and my independence. Well...that only caused more chaos in my life when I married a JW and he EXPECTED me to be submissive to anything he said solely on the basis that he was the man of the house. Um...NO dude.

And particularly since he wanted me to enforce THAT scripture but the one that says he is to love his wife as he loves himself...he didnt feel he had to do and ignored me the entire 22 years we were married. Good old Bro that he is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit