Looking for voices of reason

by judi8751 20 Replies latest jw friends

• judi8751
    judi8751

Hi all

Is there anyone out there who still goes to meetings or hasnt been for some time. I feel so confused dont think I want to go back, but dont want to lose friends either.

its been about 10 months since I attended a meeting ( did go to the memorial though). Been living apart from my JW husband who just cant believe it, he is well stressing

me out still...its a long sad story. I was a Single-Parent when I was first contacted by the witnesses, my daughter was 6 months old....." she wont get to school" lol

she is now 25 with a 6 yearold at school

• yknot
    yknot

I still attend.....

I suppose you could try maintaining inactivity but stay WTS informed .......this way when you see the 'friends' you can speak theocratese fluently but manage not to attend.

However if you don't see yourself returning than it would be wise to diversify yourself socially within your community.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I still attend occasionally....not sure that qualifies me as "a voice of reason" though.

• yknot
    yknot

Forgot........to........say.......

I am glad you have joined!

I myself am a 'woe baby' from the 75' era.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome.

Something to think about: Those 'friends' are not. They are conditional friends only, which means they will not stick with you through thin and thick - only thick.

Hang around the org for a while if you need them. Find new friends as you do, and eventually leave armed with social support system. Most of us did not do that. I personally cut the apron strings in one movement as soon as I discovered that it was not the 'truth'. I couldn't play the games.

Wishing you peace.

Jeff

• judi8751
    judi8751

Thanks for all the comments, strangely my work colleagues whom I use to view as undesirables have been fantastic, I have been to social events etc and had FUN

such good advice yknot...thanks for that. Just fed up of guilt trip. my family are really happy that I havent been for ages

• yknot
    yknot

Who is guilt tripping you?

• judi8751
    judi8751

my husband, the elders, other JWs I bump into, myself I guess

• choosing life
    choosing life

The two things that help with guilt trips are time and using that time to research what you really do believe. Open your mind and read the Bible and other material to answer the questions you still have.

Don't let others decide what is right for you and listen to your inner voice. welcome to the board. cl

• yknot
    yknot

Okay.....

Do you see yourself rekindling your marital relationship?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit