I'm ticked... Paradise earth is what I want!!

by Butterflyleia85 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I always felt there were too many holes in the JW fantasy of paradise earth. Of course, as one of the above posters pointed out, the sun will certainly die and the earth itself will undergo changes. So, the JW teachings are simplistic and childlike and don't take into account anything scientific.

If there were to be a so-called new system anywhere, and if it were some almighty being's wish that the human race go on indefinitely, it makes perfect sense that humans populate the rest of the galaxy. So, I am with Finally-Free on this.

• choosing life
    choosing life

The witnesses have taken what is really a spiritual teaching in the bible and turn it into a physical one. The bible really never promises physical immortality. The Bible states that you cannot take material things with you when you die, nor are they of utmost importance.

Yet, what do the witnesses look forward to? Large homes and property, material riches.

• flipper
    flipper

BUTTERFLY- I think as time goes on you will discover that we all make our own paradise in this life we have now as best we can. We make great tasting lemonade out of all the sweet lemons we can gather in this life right now. It's all we've got - in my humble opinion. So make the best of it ! Cheers, Peace to you, Mr. Flipper

• sacolton
    sacolton

Butterfly, have you read 2 Peter 3:10-15?

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

God will purify the earth with fire. Nothing man-made will exist.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Today is not so bad...but bad enough to appreciate that I won't be stuck in this forever!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit