I'm ticked... Paradise earth is what I want!!

by Butterflyleia85 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Ok ok so I'm still doing research and I'm not giving up on this beleif of Paradise earth! But after doing some studying and after seeing the mistakes JW has made. I now stubbled...

The Watchtower also does not tell new converts that although they closed the door to heaven in 1935 they had closed the door to heaven once before in 1881. They were wrong in 1881 are they wrong again now? The question we are compelled to ask is, why did Jesus lash out at those who shut up heaven to the common man? "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in." Matthew 23:13. Next week we will be discussing whether one goes to heaven in the flesh. (http://www.jwinfoline.com/Documents/Heaven/how_has_wt_made_earth_more_desirable.htm)

Will the earth exist forever? Of course this is impossible. It is an undisputed scientific fact that the earth will end, agreeing with the Bible that "like a garment the earth itself will wear out". Consider the following indications that the earth was not designed to last forever.

Just as wood turns to energy and disintegrates in a fire, over time the sun will be consumed of all matter. Once the hydrogen at its core has all converted into helium the sun will expand into a red giant and envelop the earth. As the helium runs out the sun will then contract into a white dwarf.

Additionally, the earth's core temperature is cooling. The time will come when this leads to the magnetic fields ceasing and the earth loosing its atmosphere. This is what happened to Mars, and will lead to the earth no longer being able to support life. Even the moon was not designed to remain forever orbiting the earth. Currently the moon moves a further 3.82cm away from the earth each year. For the earth to remain forever, Jehovah would be required to rewrite the universal laws he instigated at creation.

The Fundamentalist answer to this is that 'with God all things are possible'. If God says the earth will stay forever, he will make sure it does. God has the power to refuel the sun or reheat the earth's core. Though this is possible, this sort of argument allows anyone to believe anything. This view also contradicts one of the apparent proofs for a God, the structured order in the universe. If the universe is mathematically perfect as Jehovah's Witnesses state, God is going against his order of things to change the destiny of the sun. In fact, if with God all things really are possible, why did he create things in such a way that the sun is dieing. Why not just create the universe in such a way as to last forever.

The Bible agrees with science when it states at Isaiah 51:6 that "like a garment the earth itself will wear out". We are told God will create a new earth. The Bible does not clarify God's plan for this new earth so speculation is pointless.

Nature itself indicates that earthly life is not to be immortal. All living animals and vegetation die. Well before the sin of Adam God had put into creation, both living and inanimate, the tendency to decay. (http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/earth-forever.php )

Whatever I'm just trying to rap my mind around this....

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Paradise....living with ONLY JWs around you under the leadership of Elders and having to clean up the mess left by Jehovah destroying your nonJW family and loved ones.

Um....no.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

What we want, and reality, are often quite differen't.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Tough questions often reveal tougher answers, unfortunately. Still, pretending is not a good as real life.

Jeff

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The Fundamentalist answer to this is that 'with God all things are possible'. If God says the earth will stay forever, he will make sure it does. God has the power to refuel the sun or reheat the earth's core.

I had this discussion with an elder once:

ME: So, I guess we'll get to populate the rest of the galaxy in the new system!

Elder: The bible doesn't say that!

ME: So what happens when the sun goes out?

Elder: Jehovah will refuel the sun!

ME: Oh? Does the bible say that?

Elder proceeds to counsel me for "speculating".

W

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

God created the "circle of life" for a reason.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Nice, sensible explanation. That was always one of the things in the back of my mind as a dub. Everything physical decays, it cannot last forever.

I don't claim to know what God has planned for the future, but it can't be as the dubs claim.

I think it's easier to believe that the earth will last forever when you are young and feel indestructible. As you get older, it just becomes obvious that it is not how life works.

I watched a show on the Hubble telescope the other night and the universe is amazing. We have such a small view of things here on the earth. It's easy to get attached when all we've ever known is here on this earth. There is so much more we don't know and have not experienced.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    What we want, and reality, are often quite differen't.

Which is why the old saying - we careful what you wish for; you might actually get it. Not in the paradise earth case, of course - but we could well think about what such a thing would really be like by way of necessary service occupations: Worldwide communications systems? run by the microphone boys. Power Grid? sound system setup & console boys from the district assembly. Police? assembly security teams. Government? do you really have to ask? Coal Miners, Oilfield hands? resurrected concentration camp victims. They should know how to dig and drill. Mass trans bus and train drivers? car service group driver/captains. Sanitation and Cleaning services? anybody not in one of the above & similar groupings.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

SOmetimes we forget that God, if you believe in God, IS the Universe.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Yes everything deteriorates and decays, even we get old and die. Can God make one perfect on the earth? And if so, can God do something about the sun burning out? Is anything impossible with God if He exists?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit