The Silentlambs Exposed Blog Is Closing

by Bangalore 20 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Bangalore
  • bohm
    bohm
    Finally, I know that the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses does not endorse private websites about the beliefs and practices of Jehovah’s Witnesses. I respect the Governing Body, as I believe that they are the ones to whom Jesus has entrusted the oversight of the Christian congregation. Careful thought has convinced me that, if the Governing Body wished to have a website that exposed the lies of Silentlambs, they could quite easily do so — and it would probably be a lot more professional than mine. But they have not chosen to do so. Now if they have not done so, they must have good reasons. I do not know what their reasons are. But I trust them to make the right decision. And, consequently, if they have not seen fit to have a website of this type, then why should I try to circumvent that arrangement by making my own?

I wonder if he would accept that logic if applied to another religious organization...
    The entire article screams MIND CONTROL.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Summary: The author of the blog finally realized he was disobeying Watchtower, his conscience bothered him, and he's now closing shop.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Good points Bohm and LWT. The Society does not even want Pro JW websites other than their own I guess.

Bangalore

• sir82
    sir82

Now if they have not done so, they must have good reasons. I do not know what their reasons are.

Y-y-y-e-e-e-e-a-a-a-a-h. Good reasons. Has to be.

Couldn't be that that they recognize that they are guilty guilty GUILTY and hope that by ignoring the problem it will go away.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Another gutless wonder, (I Trust) im now going to puk

• alanv
    alanv

To be honest I think the WT policiy on ANYcontroversal subject is to simply keep quiet about it and hopefully it will go away. The child abuse policy of the Watchtower seems now to have been improved mainly because of pressure from sites like silentlambs. I recently emailed Bill Bowen and got no reply so maybe he is letting it rest now. Things are still not perfect but then that will never happen with anything to do with child abuse.

• chasson
    chasson

Ironically, i have found that this blog cited me, without links to my article... Here is their quote of my text:

"No wonder Charles Chasson (no friend of Jehovah's Witnesses) admitted:

"It must be said that Silentlambs ... has always been a virulent campaigner, unafraid to exaggerate or even lie about the facts in the Vicki Boer affair already mentioned or in parts of its site on murders that, according to them, were committed by Jehovah's Witnesses, so as to denounce them more effectively." [Details]

Here is the link:

http://temoinsdejehovah.blog.free.fr/index.php?post/2009/02/27/La-fin-de-Silentlambs

If you read it, even with an automatic translation, you will see that i acknowledge the good work made by Bowen, that i have criticized the blog of this JW before he even cited me and know my existence, etc...

My conclusion of the article was the same as alanv:

"In all cases, Silentlambs and Bill Bowen should question themselves, take time to think. Basically it should be proud of his work, but it is difficult for someone who and was a symbol, for someone who has gone in the fight, to realize that his work is finished or at least much diminished."

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Exposing themselves to litigation. It could be defamatory.

• minimus
    minimus

The real deal probably was he was "convinced" he had better take the site off or else.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit