Circuit Assembly, District Assembly, Special Assembly Day....what is the difference?

by insearchoftruth 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

ssn587: As for $$$, AssHall usage is charged to Circuits on a per day basis. The math is:

They estimate the whole year operational cost. (A)

They sum all publishers of all circuits that will attend.(B)

They divide A/B, which gives you a per-publisher rate (C)

Then they assing every circuit a Yearly quota (D) = Circuit Qty of publishers x C

Upon SAD, circuit pays One Third of their Quota (D). For CiscAss, circuit pays Two Thirds, thus completing their yearly amount.

Complicated, uh? Well now you know what all those a**holes playing "office" during the Assembly are doing while the rest of us just dozes.

Funny thing is with above math you'd assume assembly hall expenses are paid for the whole year; but upon DA's they still charge brothers for usage. The surplus? on its way to Brooklyn!

• penny2
    penny2
    It would be unusual to have a circuit with only 5 or 6 congregations.

That's true. The assembly hall I used to attend was quite small so there would only be 5 or 6 congregations attending. I'd forgotten about the A, B and C sections of the circuit, so this would be only one section.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

More accurate terms:

Big boasting session--one day, morning and afternoon.

Great Boasting Session--two days--the weekend.

Grand Boasting Session--three days. This is the one that usually involves traveling, and requires taking a Friday off. These used to last as long as 8 days, and the last 4 day Grand Boasting Session that was not international was in 1993.

A$$embly Hells are special buildings that hold several congregations for the Big and Great Boasting Sessions. Typically, an a$$embly hell will hold 7 or 8 congregations' worth of people. A Kingdumb Hell usually holds around 200 people and is used for local boasting sessions and as a base for field circus.

Either way, it is a complete waste of time to go.

• kriptonian7
    kriptonian7

does it matter? they all say the say thing. I went to see my sister get baptised at a Circuit assembly this past year and I got there about an hour ahead of time so i caught the tail end of the speaker...I havent been to one in 7 years and i swear they were saying the same thing.

Its like on Crocidile Dundee when she shows him the television, he says he saw one years ago, he turns it on and says "yep thats what i saw"

• chickpea
    chickpea

i shall quote a dearly departed
    vietnam vetran who knew how
    to cut to the chase:

regarding the aforementioned
    convocations of b0rgian disciples:

same crap, different outhouse

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Circuit Assembly, District Assembly, Special Assembly Day....what is the difference?

These are the rankings based upon three criteria:

Special Assembly Day

Circuit Assembly

District Assembly

1) They are in ascending order based upon the quantity of crap they dish out to victims in attendance. Longer Assembly duration = larger amounts of crap.

2) They are in ascending order based upon the quantity of books and magazines they offer for sale.

3) They are in ascending order based upon the amount of profit the WTS generates from them.

Farkel

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the one with the masonic shit is the one in queens.

also they had a big kindumb hall in paterson, nj. they bought a masonic temple and they re-decorated it. lasted for about 7 years before some CO noticed some weird stuff inside and wound up selling the building to some christian church

• lrkr
    lrkr

Circuit Assys and Spec Assy days are put together by Service (therefore they are drone on and on repeats year after year managed by the Service Department henchmen- CO's and DO's

District Conventions are put together by the Teaching Committee (with Writing, I think) and sometimes have interesting talks and angles- compared to Circuit and Spec. Assy days. They are managed by committees that may or may not include the Service Dept Henchmen (COs and DOs)

• Gayle
    Gayle

So, I understand, is that 'one' Special Assembly Day, 'one' Circuit Assembly, and 'one' District Convention a year, total of 6 days a year?

Are baptisms done at the Special Assembly Day? Sometimes? or never? Or, are baptisms done just 'twice' a year now?

Are Zone Meetings done annually? Or only sometimes? How many 'Zones' are there? I understand a Zone Meeting is a special, ticket only, invite.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Assemblies are like Potatoes..

Baked Potatoe Boiled Potatoe Mashed Potatoe

It`s the same thing served up everytime..

But..

No one`s supposed to Notice..

............................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit