"The way of the truth is the best way of living. No better way can there be found."

by nicolaou 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes, I personally find that song, as most 'kingdom' melodies disgusting.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    angel eyes; Your laughter and giggles are offensive to so many here who've had to endure this so called 'spiritual paradise' or 'best way of living'. I think you are an immature little girl who needs to grow up.

I reluctantly have to agree. I don't think AE really realizes the tone of what she says - she made jokes about the murders of the 4 Tennessee witnesses in another thread - and it WAS offensive, but somehow I don't think it was necessarily meant that way. Maybe you can questionably laugh about such things as songs wordings or "best way of living" without a thought - but this disregards the fate of every single child in the Watchtower - Who are certainly going to be discouraged from ever even getting a decent education - (not to mention blood danger, silly marriage restrictions, having ALL their waking hours regulated and hijacked for life, having themselves pretty much cut off from non-witness family, etc.)... These are not laughing matters.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I feel very sorry for dubs, and even sorrier for their children.....and that elusive new system of the WT

• lancelink
    lancelink

Jomavrick said :

All religion is the invention of man (usually men) and is 100% subjected to the filtration of men. It is unprovable in all aspects, hence using the word "Truth" is an errant use of the word.

Yes,I appreciate the fact how you hit the nail on the head with this statement, for years I heard the word "truth" associated with the jw teachings.

And it gradually hardens your heart, because you look at every other religious teaching as an "untruth", hence evil.

Several months ago I attended a grief support group at a local hospital for six weeks, (my Mom died ) and as an ex-witness I was shocked at the amount of hardness on my part. Listening to other attendees talk about their beliefs of life after death jump started a part of me that belittled what they were saying in an unconcious manner.

But after two weeks I realised that their individual beliefs were much better then the hardcore jw way of thinking, and I found out for myself that their spiritual belief was helping them in an honest/realistic way, unlike the witness "one belief fits all, if you dont believe than you are spiritually weak" mentality.

yes, the term "truth" can be a comfort to some, but examining it honestly can be quite a shock if you do it with your eyes wide open.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I do have to say JWs generally do not talk the way she does, or joke about the things she does.

I have been 'encouraged' to go back to meetings, etc by JWs. But never has a JW jokingly told me that they were so glad they were able to help me see the truth with Jahs help and they look forward to my reutrn to the org. My leaving is not considered a joking matter to JWs, nor could I possibly imagine a JW laughing or joking about the fact I left.

• Open mind
    Open mind

"Even if it wasn't the truth..."

That statement gives impression that the JW is being open minded. The reality, IMO, is that the phrase is just a phrase. The JW doesn't TRULY allow their brain to actually toy with the idea that it might not be The Truth.

om

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

even if it isn't the truth it is the best way of life?? How so? How is foregoing holdiays and normal pleasures of life, preparing to refuse necessary medical treatment, alienating family who are not JWs and non-JW peers who would like to be your friends, slaving for an org that is nothing but a sham the best way of living????

• Open mind
    Open mind

Isaac,

Were your comments addressed to me?

If so, I think you missed my (very small) point. All I was trying to point out is that when a JW says "Even if it wasn't the truth...." they aren't really allowing their mind to go down that path. It would be kind of like me saying "Even if my wife was an axe murderer....." I could say it, but I'm not actually giving the concept any real consideration in my brain.

om

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Open Mind...no I did not mean that to you at all. Sorry if it appeared that way. I was just answering that statement in general- not at all meant to be directed at you. Sorry.

And yes, you made a very good point. Maybe small, but important.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Nicolau; you worded that very well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit