Should one boycott the undeserving rich?

by badboy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

thinking of starting a blog on that theme

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'll let you know if I'm for or against this after Wednesday's lotto drawing.

Here's to hoping!

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Who's going to decide if it's deserved or not.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Who's going to decide if it's deserved or not.

Me. If they share with me I won't boycott them.

W

• finding my way
    finding my way

My 2 cents

I'm with hamilcarr..

We can't tell if someone is deserving or not.

I think it's easy to be irritated that there are so many super rich people and at the same time there are so many poor. It's easy to get caught up in hating that it's so uneven, but it's not up to us to decide who deserves money or not.

You would also have to start thinking about all the times you could have given away any extra money you had. If one has NOTHING and you have just $200 or less in savings that's still $200 that someone else could use. Or the cereal you threw out because you didn't like it... and the fact that people are starving all over the place. Maybe you do think about that.. I do sometimes

Either way, I don't think it's worth boycotting. Money is a personal thing and what people decide to do with it or how they attain it is on them. I'm not sure if I believe in Kharma, or a God that will set things straight, or if I just think that people cannot be happy if they don't treat others or the world well, or all of the above. But I know I have a feeling that people get what they give out and I trust that the ones that ARE undeserving will pay for it. But I doubt boycotting will do any good.

~fmy

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Define 'undeserving'. Did they come upon their wealth illegally or simply by dumb luck? If they were simply lucky, they may not be deserving of their wealth, but that, in itself, would not be a reason to boycott them.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Better yet, we should kill them.

villabolo

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

???

I buy from those that offer value - and part of the value is not just the price of what I pay, but how they treat the environment, their staff and the public. If someone gets rich from doing good, I think it's deserved.

How would one determine who is undeserving, what "rich" is, and how to boycott them?

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    How would one determine who is undeserving, what "rich" is, and how to boycott them?

You'd have to read his blog. He'd tell you. ;)

• badboy
    badboy

I wouln't condone killing such people.

I am thinking of some crims,as well as bankers etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit