For your research: Chart for 70 Years for Babylon

by Lady Liberty 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hi all..

Seems to be alot of friends are doing research regarding 607. This was the subject that after competely researching it, I had to come to grips with the fact that we were being lied to. The reason became quite clear and very obvious. However, I was raised a JW and it was my life! I was not looking to leave, nor was I "spiritually weak" by JW standards. I was very active and busy in the JW routine. When I realized there was something weird going on with the dates, I had to get to the bottom of it. I was certain, that a little research would clear things up.

Oh they cleared up alright, but not in the way I would have ever imagined. I was shocked I could find no proof ANYWHERE (and I mean proof...not just someones explanation or theory) for the date I was teaching others. This date is so important to JW doctorines, that few JWs really realize that without it, most all the other JW beliefs and restictions crumble. The reason is, as most here have already learned, is that without 607, the Society has NO GOD GIVEN AUTHORITY. When you realize this you then come to the hard realization, that they were NOT identified as God's chosen people on earth in 1914/1919, and that they are merely SELF APPOINTED MEN.

So, I am reposting this chart for any and all who are researching this subject. I hope someone else can be benefited by this info.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Hi everyone,

I just made this chart for my brother-in-law using the Bible as well as the book entitled Assyrian & Babylonian Chronicles by A.K. Grayson printed in 1975. Grayson is a world renound expert used to decipher the Assyrian and Babylonian Chronicles for the British Museum. I checked out this book from the local library. Although they had to send away to a College University for it. A interesting note: the Society uses this very book in the Insight Vol.2 under Nebuchadnezzar to support their dates. When I got this book, it was for the purpose of checking their dates and quotes of this author. As you will see by this chart, they have misquoted him to serve their own deceitful purpose! I included scriptures that support the chronicles. Like I said, I made this for my brother-in-law, but thought someone out there might be able to use it.

Have a great night!

Lady Liberty

The Seventy Years: 609 to 539 BCE

609- Nabopolassars 17 th reignal year. Babylon was dominating all surrounding nations. See Jer. 25:11, 25:17- 26. 27:6-8, 12-13(All the nations will have to SERVE the king of Babylon seventy years.) The 70 years begin. ( Babylonian Chronicle 3- BM 21901)

607- Nabopolassars 19 th reignal year. Nebuchadnessar was not even in power yet! He was only a crowned prince at this time. (Babylonian Chronicle 4 –BM 22047)

605- Nabopolassars 21 st reignal year. Battle of Carchemish , between Egypt and Babylon. Nabopolassar dies and Nebuchadnezar accends the thrown. This is year 0 for Nebuchadnezzars reign. Daniel finds himself exiled to Babylon, as well as the Royal offspring of Jerusalem, the utensils of the house of Jehovah were carried to Babylon. See Daniel 1- 2:1. Jer. 29:1,20 (Babylonian Chronicle 5- BM 21946)

603- Nebuchadnezzars second reignal year. See. Dan. 2:1

586/587- Jerusalem burned. Nebuchadnessars ninteenth reignal year. See Jer. 52:12-16 (There were still lowly ones left remaining in the city.)

562-End of Nebuchadnezzars reign.

557-Neriglissars third reignal year. ( Chronicle 6 –BM 25124)

556- Nabonidus becomes King. (Nabonidus Chronicle 7- BM35382)

539- 70 are fullfilled. Nabonidus is King of Babylon at this time. Cyrus overtakes Babylon in one night. Handwriting on the wall. Jews released from servitude. See- Dan. 5:25-26 Jer. 25: 12 ( Nabonidus Chronicle: Chronicle 7-BM 36304)

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

VERY good chart with explanations Laby Lib. The 70 years is not really very complicated, until the WT makes it so.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Thank you Issacaustin,

You are absolutely right! They deliberately make it confusing so the average person won't dig deep to find the answers, but they hope if it is confusing enough they won't even try, or if they do will give up! They speak in circles, while trying to portray something as fact when they (the Society) know darn well its not! Even the back of The Kingdom Come book it says something to the effect that they are confident that one day archeologist will discover something to prove 607 correct! That means just like the elder told us, "There IS NO PROOF for 607!"

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes Lady Lib, I beleive the same- they intentionally make it complicated so the average JW will think 'they must know what they are talking about'. Trying to follow WT explanations on this would make anyone's head hurt.

And this is just the drivel needed to get to 1914! Then of course when you tackle Jesus examination of all the worlds relgions, the captivity period, subsequent release and appointing of the WT as God's channel of truth...it becomes such a string of baseless, ridiculous assertions.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

To show the blindness of the capitve mind- I was talking to a JW who had been dfed for 10 years, yet vigorously defended the org. When I showed her the dishonesty on the date for the Battle of Carchemish and their misuse of Grayson's book she dismissed it because she went online to research and found this info on an 'apostate site'. When I told her to simply count from 539BCE back using the Wts list of kings and lengths she said the timeline fits. I asked her to show me, because if I was missing something I would like to see it. She at that point never spoke to me again.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Wow! She was scared of the truth! It is life altering as we know when you realize you are living a lie! Maybe oneday she will be brave enough to really think about what you have showed her.

I remember my Mom told me that when her and my Dad were still in they would hear things that made no sence to them but they would brush it off and block it from their minds because the "faithful slave" must know more then them. After all they are the ones who have it all figured out.

It is SO..frusterating!! I found a disfellowshipped JW relative on facebook who gladly accepted me as a friend. Many kind things were said. But....the second I mentioned we were not JWs anymore I was deleted as their friend. I think they called their JW parent and were told we were "apostate". Bizzare!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Dfed ones can be the staunchest defenders of the org. As the saying goes "It is one thing to get a person out of the WT, quite another to get the WT out of a person."

• cantleave
    cantleave

Keeping this thread for future reference

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Lady Liberty check your pm

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

i'll check this out too, thankyou.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest