Swedish government declines to give JW financial support

by InquiryMan 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Why is the WT applying for financial support from a government which it condemns? I'm sure I've read that JWs do not ask for assistance as 'Jehovah provides'..?...and why do they need the assiatance?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

It's open to all to apply, and there are as of today no interference in church policy, so it's "come and get it". There are voices asking for the churches that apply to have to accept and install gay priests or have equal rights for gay, the same also for female priests etc., but as many conservative churches are opposed to that, as well as the Moslem ones, it still is a "no strings attached" policy.

• blondie
    blondie

Doesn't the German government have a similar arrangement (or did) with the religions there? Has the WTS made similar requests and been granted them there?

German x-jws, what say you?

• designs
    designs

Midwich,

That is the irony. They are a non-player in helping and supporting any social or environmental causes or government led initiatives to help those in need unless forced to pay SS taxes and workmens compensation like they have in the USA for a few of their workers.

But the hand goes out to the public trough. They also applied to the United Way for funds....how much did they donate to the United Way (with our donations).

• carla
    carla

Basically they are asking satan for help? Don't jw's believe all governments are of satan? how do they explain such things to the r & f and not being part of the world blah, blah, blah?

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

It is strange that so many exJWs seem to continue the black and white thinking they once detested.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they don't help the poor and help the common man, so other religions are doing this.

these other religions use the $$$ to help, not destroy.

f___ them, learn to change your tune, and then you can have the cake too

• carla
    carla

It is strange that so many exJWs seem to continue the black and white thinking they once detested.-- It isn't black and white thinking it is merely holding them accountable to their own doctrines. Besides, other churches actually do something for the society they live in such as feeding the poor, clothing, helping to rebuild (and not just their own), etc.... Going around annoying people on Sat mornings telling them they are bird seed if they don't join, passing out the dead tree issues of their cult news does nothing to help the society they live in.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Well, although I am being shunned by my family because of the organizations policies and have lost all my former friends because of disagreeing, I refuse to see everything black and white.

I do see that that the community benefits from the societys teaching illiterates to read, rebuild homes and helping in disaster although it is primarily their own, that frees labor to be used to help non-witnesses, some people (who have been drug addicts, criminals etc) do change their lives for the better, thus benefitting society at large.

But: I do wish the organization of JWs would do more to help society as such, but that is not their agenda, believing the end of the world is imminent their activities are primarly directed at helping people to achieve spiritual goals (as seen by the WTS)...

• JWoods
    JWoods

Pretty pitiful if you get turned down for welfare in SWEDEN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit