Understanding the family issue!

by ry.hans 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ry.hans
    ry.hans

I thank all of you who have responded to my question.............my need to understand JW's and there ways is required of me for a better understanding of my partner. I am a free thinker and believe in ideas that can benefit and develop the human race. My partner is a intelligent person so it boggles me how she stayed in for so long. Iam glad she is out but she is becoming more and more curious and is thinking of going to a meeting and wants me to come. I said i would go but i also said if anyone try's to tell me how to think or feel on maters i will bluntly put them in there place!!

• out4good3
    out4good3

I mean this with the most sincerity and if I'm misunderstanding I offer an apology, but, your "partner" knows full well how it would be looked upon for you to go to a KH together.

I question why she'd want to expose you to that.

They are a very intolerant people.

• greenie
    greenie

Along the lines of what O4G was saying, I am the partner of a JW and I have to say that the only reason they want you to go is for you to someday become an active JW. I know that sounds strong, but it's true. The reason being is that this IS NOT a tolerant religion. They believe everyone else is wrong and that NO OTHER religion or belief system is correct, that theirs is the only way. I would also say it is a very bad sign that she is interested in going back. You need to learn as much as you can about this religion before you get any more serious with her.

• ry.hans
    ry.hans

thanks greenie I intend to question everything as i do naturally. I am not a person thats leaves everything in the hands of blind faith. Can i ask a question then of you. Are you and your partner going to merry in the future and if so how does that sit with her being a JW. Wont you have to submit to the JW way?????

• greenie
    greenie

Hi Ry! Just saw this and don't know if you're still checking this thread, but I'm a SHE and we may get married, but no way would I submit to the JW way. Those are THEIR rules, not mine. He'll have to live with that if he wants to marry me. Plain and simple. It's hard, but you can't let yourself get sucked into it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit