need help/backup about JW new light

by highdose 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Well, that is what I thought. When I mentioned it, I was told "No, we have never heard of it that way!"...and then I was nervous that only *apostates* use that term and I was giving myself away. But I could have sworn hearing it informally numerous times.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Oh, and the "light gets brighter" scripture is Proverbs 4:18. If you read the whole chapter, you will soon realize what a ridiculous interpretation the WTS has! That passage has nothing to do with changing doctrine, rather it's a very general illustration about how the life of a righteous person is better than that of an unrighteous person. Nothing more; nothing less.

Great thought, Mr. Ghost.

Watchtower ever-changing doctrines needed some escape mechanism and Prov 4 was the closest to an alibi they could come up with. When other religions change a practice or a doctrine (Catholics: allowed to eat meat on Friday since, I think, the 1960's ), WT refers to that as a contradiction.

Mormons ceased their practice of having multiple wives some 47 years before Jehovah's Witnesses cleaned their own house of the exact same wrongdoing. The Mormon practice, I'm sure, was a huge contradictory style in the eyes of the WT. Their own reversed practice, however, demonstrated Jehovah's direction.

Len

• Farkel
    Farkel

I hope you can use all this good information that has been provided for you right away. WT "Light" has a very short shelf-life.

Farkel

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/generation.php lists all the generation teachings including the latest one.

Regarding 1935 see http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/memorial-partakers.php. Specifically, it is now taught:

"Thus it appears that we can not set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends."Watchtower 2007 May 1 p.31

• JWoods
    JWoods
    "Thus it appears that we can not set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends."Watchtower 2007 May 1 p.31

And thus we have again the classic weasel-wording so well known to watchtower readers. Probably then, thus it appears, the bible "seems to indicate", blah blah blah.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Thank you Paul for that generation article on your website. It is excellent. I am hoping to be able to use it with someone soon.

Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit