by Lady Liberty 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks for posting,

marking to read later,

purps

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

All Witnesses will say is "the light has gotten so much brighter since then, that was old"

• avishai
    avishai

WTF?

Tried to post it on FB and it came back that content has been reported abusive by FB users.....

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Fantastic! Thanks.

• mamashel6
    mamashel6

This was my question in my marriage. My husband has gone back to the Kingdom Hall and I do not believe in it after years of research. We have been married for 18 years. I am an apostate in their eyes. What do we do in our marriage.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Does anyone know if drinking wine out of a cup can be traced to "pagan" roots?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

1947 Awake! PDF available here

• Lady Liberty
  • steve2
    steve2

Actually, the most the Watchtower can be accused of is hypocrisy (i.e., accusing other groups of doing what they themselves end up doing).

The iconcept of shunning and/or punishing those who do not comply would be better described as a widespread "practice" in earlier societies. Whether that makes it "pagan" is a moot point. Besides, however strictly or otherwise you interpret them, the Pauline letters strongly advocate removing specific types of people from your midst; if that's not excommunicating or shunning, I don't know what is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit