Proof from Watchtower Shunning has PAGAN Orgin and Foreign to Bible Teachings

by Lady Liberty 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello friends,

My Dad just found this article when doing some research for a letter he was sending my Aunt and Grandmother showing them how unscriptural shunning is. I was blown away!! This article PROVES they knew the practice of shunning was PAGAN prior to the Watchtower instituting the shunning practice into their own religion. My husband and I were Df'D because we were celebrating Christmas. Something were were told by the disfellowshipping elders that we knew better because it was "pagan". Yet they will practice "paganism" themselves and shun us!! What a bunch of HYPOCRITES!! Anyhow, this article really got to me, but felt it was very powerful, and might just help someone with their friends and family!!

Here it is: http://governingbodyletters.blogspot.com/2008/06/according-to-awake-january-8-1947.html

Sicerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
  • whatcanIsay
    whatcanIsay

WT really beats the "Put the wicked man out!" to death. When will they put it in full context? After all Paul did write 2Corith the teary letter of Paul! stating to forgive the man! I don't think we will be meeting too many wicked men who are living or marrying their father's wives, do you?

As Paul has stated it is not from God but from him! :-) Now should they put the wicked man out because Paul wanted him out or God? "smirk"

WT copies the Catholics and the Catholics borrowed from Hebrews, and the Jewish borrowed and dabbled into pagan myths and false gods!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hypocritical articles printed by the Watchtower like this, is shocking, but always reconfirms our decision to leave the Borg! I would have LOVED to have known about this article when we got DF'D!! I would have liked to see them try and squirm out of this one!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• cognac
    cognac

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I wonder if the WT is even aware how hypocritical they are when they apply these principles to other religions.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oops!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

They have no fear, and especially no Godly fear! They have ALOT to answer for! I sure wouldn't want to be in their shoes come judgement day that's for sure!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Holy Moly!

What a find! This is incredible!!!

Skeeter

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

That's a great find, especially the last paragraph of that 1947 article:

“...as the pretensions of the hierarchy increased, the weapon of excommunication became the instrument by which the clergy attained a combination of ecclesiastical power and secular tyranny that finds no parallel in history.” (except in the Watchtower organisation LOL)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit