Is the governing body anointed or self-appointed?

by 1914BS 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    I believe that many of the Bethel-Heavy brothers who were not declaring themselves anointed were convinced otherwise by the Governing Body along the way in the past few decades so that they (company men) could be added to the leader collective.

I have a very strange idea about this: I think that the GB does target loyal, long time company men for GB work and could try to change their mind. If thats the case, I always imained a weird ceremony where they would read the scriptures of the older men in Jerusalem laying hands on Timothy, then get dressed in their Snuggies by candlelight, chant, pray, and have a simultaneous hand laying.

I know that doesn't happen, but its funny to think about.

It's interesting to me to relate two stories. One of my classmates in Gilead 119 had Anthony Morris as a CO. He told him of his experience, and how it dawned on him one year that he was annointed. The night before the memorial, he supposedly woke up his wife in bed in the middle of the night and said "Honey, I think I am going to have to partake this year..." He thought it would freak her out, she just said, "Ok" and went back to sleep.

Ulysses Glass, towards the end of his life, said that he always felt like he was of the annointed and didn't partake because he never felt worthy to do that. Eventually, he did. (I think that is in his life story in the WT...)

Oh well, I actually went through a day where I talked myself into being "annointed". Of course, I was just attacked in Cameroon for the 2nd time and in a great deal of pain. I wasn't thinking real clearly at that moment.... I imagine that is the case with a lot of this crap.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have a very strange idea about this: I think that the GB does target loyal, long time company men for GB work and could try to change their mind. If thats the case, I always imained a weird ceremony where they would read the scriptures of the older men in Jerusalem laying hands on Timothy, then get dressed in their Snuggies by candlelight, chant, pray, and have a simultaneous hand laying.

I know that doesn't happen, but its funny to think about.

I have a stranger idea.

The GB goes into an underground secret chamber at Bethel with the initiate. Lighting a black candle and placing it into the pilfered skull of St. Paul, they sexually humiliate the initiate, bringing him in to their Circle of Shame. After this, there is no place to hide. The initiate is one of the boys now.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If you can nibble the crackers and sip the wine with a straight face at the Annual Reject Jesus Party and live to tell...

... you must be anointed.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The governing body is self-appointed, spun off of a fable called the FDS.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

While the WT is quick to point to men used by God in the Bible, such as Moses or the Apostles one can clearly see the appointment of these men in the Bible, exactly when they were appointed by God. The GB simply asserts they were appointed- this is spun off the FDS teaching from Matt 24:45-47. Of course in reading Mt 24:45-47 we would see that the appointment is made AFTER the master returns. The WT would counter that Jesus (they used to say returned invisibly, now they just say directed his attention toward earthly affairs) did this in 1914. So this discussion could, with a JW, become a circular reasojing type of thing that goes nowhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit