OBAMA WINS NOBEL PEACE PRIZE

by WuzLovesDubs 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

:"and one part to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses. "

Well, then, what "most" or "best" work has Obama done in 8 months that tops others who have devoted decades of hard work doing nothing but working towards peace, other than just giving speeches apologizing for the USA in front of the whole world and saying he's more than willing to suck up to terrorist nations?

Just how much TIME has Obama spent ONLY on creating peace in the last 8 months, giving the unbelievably huge burden of other things he must do as President? Running around to some countries and giving speeches on peace and basking in being worshiped doesn't mean crap to me. Anyone with the means could do that.

As I said, this whole Nobel thing could easily backfire on Obama. Even fruitcake Jimmy Carter at least got the terrorist Arafat to sign a peace agreement, which I think Arafat actually honored for as long as one or two weeks. What signed peace agreement has Obama engineered with our enemies or unfriendlies?

Farkel

• beksbks
    beksbks

You guys are truly a hoot. Trying to justify your hatred for Obama/Democrats/The Left/Anyone Who Doesn't Think Like You.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

All the answers have been posted ad nauseam. It is just flat-out hatred. I give up.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Hey, She's missing an earring!

• stealyourface
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

This is nothing but the endorsement of an exclusive committee of eurotrash scandi lefties. How meaningful is it, really? The Peace Prize and the Litter-ature Prize are crap. The ones in the sciences are still meaningful. The Nobel Prize for peace is not about peace anymore. It is like an old dowager piling on makeup to maintain a pretense of glamour, it is the last neurotic gasp of a rapidly disappearing Europe to maintain it's cultural viability. And they can only do that by bashing America. Obama does not represent America to them. In this we agree.

Does it really matter? The prizes that insiders still respect (Phys, Medicine, Chemistry, and Econ) are totally dominated by the US. So Peace and Lit, being the most subjective, are the consolation prizes Europe gives to itself.

All the answers have been posted ad nauseam. It is just flat-out hatred. I give up.

I disagree. Obama’s entire political career was built on associations with people who don’t respect authority, dislike America, and even bombed American institutions. He had no problem associating with them until it became politically inopportune.

He and his campaign/administration slimed Republicans and McCain, have threatened to sue critics into silence, have appointed radicals to high positions, and have lied mercilessly. Even Clinton was better.

Obama has lied and used anti-American/extremist connections to get himself into the White House. I have no respect for him and will show him none.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

LOL

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hmmm. United States Constitution. Article I. Section 9. Clause 8.

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

This clause was written to prevent holders of Constitutional office like the President from being unduly influenced or bribed by foreign powers.

Hmmm.

This statute further elaborates on the receipt of gifts by a holder of Constitutional office:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/5/usc_sec_05_00007342----000-.html

(A) any unit of foreign governmental authority, including any foreign national, State, local, and municipal government;
    (B) any international or multinational organization whose membership is composed of any unit of foreign government described in subparagraph (A); and
    (C) any agent or representative of any such unit or such organization, while acting as such.

Isn't the Nobel PP committee directly appointed by the Norwegian Parliament?

The chunk of money awarded by them is over a million dollars. It's stated purpose as posted by several on this thread is to influence an elected official and not for any achievement.

Also, by law, any gifts received over a minimum amount are by law property of the US government. The prize is way over the minimum.

Now Obama can claim he reduced the deficit by $1.4 million!

BTS

• Gopher
    Gopher

BTS, if one of your favorite politicians - perhaps president Reagan - had won the Nobel prize, would you be decrying it?

Even Obama downplayed his being awarded the prize. But in our polarized political environment, everything is overplayed. Apparently someone can't even be awarded a prize without being trashed and having the bestowers similarly trashed.

Obama was voted into office not just by extremists but by over half of the American voters. The nation repudiated 8 years of Bush/Cheney with the election, and the Nobel committee has joined that repudiation.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Gee I guess the Washington Examiner wasn't around to question when Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson won.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit