And we dare question the gb

by booby 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booby
    booby

This is from an E-mail site (and yes, I think it is as ludicrous as the rest of you will)

Just passing on a quick thought...

Maybe most of you are aware of the situation in Honduras, a Central America little country. A coup replaced the goverment there, it's been three months now. Something that I found insteresting is that as soon as the coup took place, the Governing Body stopped all the meetings and arranged for all our brothers and sisters there to have family worship. So meetings were replaced by family worship, nobody was going to the Kingdom Halls anymore but they were all having their meetings at home with their family or friends. And when I heard that, I have to be honest, I was like "why?", after all, the situation was not that bad, there was this problem with the government, but people in general were Ok living their lives. And to my surprise, the military government there commanded that all sorts of gatherings and metings to be banned, any sort of gatherings could be interrupted by the military. SO, as you can clearly see, Jehovah's Organization is timely! They know exactly what they are doing, they are very aware of the times!! So the question in my mind now is - why have to wait for persecution? Let's make the family worship a habit right now! :-)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There was trouble there this Summer.

I doubt the validity of the entirety of this report- banning of gatherings.
    IF WTS decided to cancel meetings, it was either to make the JW's feel like they were being persecuted by the government or to keep the government from seizing the Kingdom Hall property.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Dubs are infamous for making up persecution.

Everything is persecution!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL of course. It is what they do best.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Lying and pretending persecution, only they do it as well

• sir82
    sir82
    So the question in my mind now is - why have to wait for persecution? Let's make the family worship a habit right now!

Hear hear!

Let's all follow the example of our Honduran brothers and stay home from all the meetings!

Indeed, why wait until they are banned? Just stay home now!

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I doubt they banned religious gatherings. Can't see Catholics stopping from going to church so if that's the case why would they ban wts religious services? Just because wts doesn't call their gatherings a religious service but a meeting doesn't mean the army would storm in and arrest everyone.

So what are they going to do with khs? Sell them and leave it at family worship? Hey that's a great idea, there is no more need for kingdom halls and if they do that here they can cash out and just make the followers continue with the imminent end at the family level while still sending money to Brooklyn. Maybe one day it will all fold and nothing left will be found of gb as they and probably their legal dept will take a permenant vecation on Caymen Islands and the end would have arrived for the entire wts society :)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"Nobody does it better-

Where'd you learn to do the things you do"

HB

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

I agree........... replace all meetings with Family Worship!

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

That email sounds completely fabricated.

Especially when the author claims to have questioned the GB's decision, and then actually runs ahead of them by saying "let's all start family worship!"

I have to be honest, I was like "why?"

So the question in my mind now is - why have to wait for persecution? Let's make the family worship a habit right now! :-)

No current JW talks like that. No JW actually spends that much time thinking about what to do, they just obey.

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit