As a JW Were You or Someone you Knew Falsely Accused by Elders ?

by flipper 43 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I have my ears opened my dear friend. Thankyou for sharing....im listening :)

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

OH....this topic is 1 close to my ARSE!!! (hehehehhe)

I live in the same apt bldg as a former inactive JW sister. This woman and I used to be friends, but the friendship CEASED because she really has issues - and loves MALE attention. She would attempt to 'hook up' with EVERYONES man (married ornot) and she was studying with a nice woman and her daughters, all the while, making blatant attempts to 'screw' this womans boyfriend and asked ME to keep it a secret. She had been married twice (to nuts), DF'd twice because of it, and has been inactive for years bringing man after man into her home - with her young daughter witnessing it all. TRIFFLIN woman if there ever was one!! She and I had a fallin out because I just didn't like how she treated so called 'friends' and her incessant need to have ANY man....so I left her alone. At this time in the org, I was heavily involved - so I had brothers come in to visit me from Bethel, across the US, and from in my circuit all the time!!!! In the past I would include this sister in my gatherings, but since we were no longer friendly, that all stopped. Apparently, she didn't LIKE that and made every attempt to mess up what I had going on. The elders had tried to catch up with this woman sooooo many times (she had a man living with her at this point) but she avoided them at all costs. They would come knock on MY door asking where she was (as IF I was her keeper or gave a rats) ... finally, I start seeing this brother, and he spends a LOT of time at my home - alone. This inactive woman made an attempt to get my bf's attention, and when he turned her down - she decides to call the elders and tell them that she has not been going to meetings because she and her daughter are 'so discouraged' over how I have tons of MEN (brothers) coming in and out of my house on wknds (the 'men' were all JWs), that these men stay the night (she forgot to mention that I LEAVE when they do), and that she has heard noises (sex) when my bf comes over and we're alone. Not ONLY did she make this report, but she also got HER gf to claim she was at the house at the same time and overheard me having sex!!!!! So the elders come over and read all these scriptures...blah blah blah...accuse me of having fornication. I LAUGHED - I mean, this woman has a man LIVING with her, she is a baptized JW, she hasn't been to a meeting in years (no one really cared for this woman anyways) - and they take HER word over mine????? This 'investigation' went on for MONTHS....no exaggeration. I asked to have a mtg with this woman so I could confront her over her accusations - never happened. I had all my friends willing to testify on my behalf that nothing inappropriate happened - they were never spoken to by the brothers. I in turn was honest about ALLL the crap going on in this womans home (SHE was the one with men coming and staying over - all the while her daughter is in the next room). Do you think they opened a case on HER???????????????? Nope! Finally I had to get the C.O. at that time involved because tge witchunt got out of control where the elders would approach me every meeting, NEVER give me an update on what was going on, told me to 'leave it all in jehovah's hands', and would blow me off when I asked WHY procedure was not being followed....the C.O. told them to finish it up and end it - they questioned me AGAIN (never brought this inactive heffa in front of me) and so the case was closed. But it left a BAD gutt feeling that I was being 'watched' by the brothers closely because they did NOT like that the C.O. got involved.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

AE, I called Bethel and spoke to a brother one the phone about how the elders treated me. His response? "Just do whatever the elders tell you. They've never been known to steer anyone wrong."

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Elders tell my mom to stay with an abusive husband... it wasn't til he did something that got him in jail that she had grounds for divorce.

How does Elders have that power?

Yeah Flipper you been through alot! I personally never feel I been acussed wrong, I just feel they miss judged me and didn't understand how to handle me. It's my family and my name they scared. I confessed my sins and they ran away with it. I was DF based on what I confessed. It wouldn't have gotten so bad if they had just had more love. No wonder there are so many liers and deceivers as JWs.

babygirl30 I had a old JW friend like that too! She was awlful! She was married and cheated on him twice with another married.

• snowbird
    snowbird

My dear deceased mother was accused of inflating her hours and literature placements by one jerk of an elder.

We live in an area where everyone knows and likes us, so people would sometimes come by and ASK her for the magazines.

She also used to go to this one store where the proprietor would allow her to sit and talk to everyone who came into her place of business.

I think this envious jerk was just upset because my mother was outdoing HIS wife!

Jerk!

Sylvia

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

Oh yes, oh yes.

First experience:

My husband and I have been falsely accused with a false report written by the elders. The whole story is almost complicated, produced a lot of suffering and cry and restless nights, with the consequence of loosing our trust in the organization.

In a few words it concerns the CO, who was an arrogant man criticized by all the elders of the circuit who where complaining with my husband who was in charge of the organization of circuit assemblies. The DO asked then to my husband to submit to him a report on the CO…guess what? He became mad, and organized (behind our back) to discredit the whole family, pushing the elders and the new CO to write an accusatory report on us, full of lies, defamation, libel, slander. My husband produced two witnesses in order to prove the slander, asked for a judicial committee; the Watchtower did nothing to clear up the question. After months waiting for JUSTICE, my husband resigned as an elder, the whole family lost their trust in them…it has been the beginning of the end! Now we are free!

Second experience:

A young brother of the congregation got his divorce from his JW wife who had left him. He did not attend regularly the meetings and started to search on internet about the Watchtower. An elder visited him after many months on his working place, and he told him that he needed a reflection period, ok the elder promised to come back after a month. He came back, but the young brother was busy (since he came without any appointment). In the period he missed the meetings, ( more than a year) he remarried and his new wife (non JW) was on the point of giving birth, but since the elders didn’t know he was remarried, they thought they had catch him ‘in the sin’. Later, in a conversation he explained that he was remarried. We don’t know what were their feelings, because short after the conversation they have announced his disfellowshipping WITHOUT informing him!!!! It has happened by now, that the elders announce disfellowship WITHOUT previously informing the person concerned!

It is unbelievable to which point they feel free to push their arrogance.

PS: I hope having explained in a clear way....

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Yep

• dissed
    dissed

Blondie

It was the same with me. I wrongly thought at the time, they were just imperfect men. But the problem is systemic.

Same story everywhere, perhaps different details, but the same tragic goings on. Elders incharge, forgetting on a daily basis, who the little sheep in the congregation are.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the great responses ! Keep them coming ! It looks like we all have been screwed over at one time or another. I'll reply individually to each of your posts when I get back on Monday. My son and I are going hiking in the mountains looking for Bigfoot again ! Don't have time, gotta run ! But thanks for the replies - my heart is with you folks and what you went through. Been there, done that. Take care, see ya Monday ! Peace out Mr. Bigfoot, er Flipper .

• dissed
    dissed

I heard big foot used to be a JW and is lurking on this site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit