Depression in the Org.

by ssn587 35 Replies latest jw friends

• ssn587
    ssn587

It never seems to be brought up in Jah's so wonderful Org. but Depression seems rampant, I can name 7-10 people right now on antidepreswsant drugs

• ssn587
    ssn587

Didn't get a chance to finish the above, had a minor emergency had to immediately take care of. Yea there are 7-10 in the cong where I am stuck at that on on the antidepressants. Seems that the aches and pains are highlights of discussions. It is depressing just to be around them, and listen to the tripe coming from the platform.

How many others are out there suffering from a myriad of ills such as depression, anxiety etc.?

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Yes I have noticed that.

Increased cases of depression is widespread, a not something exlusive to JW's.

However you make a great point that depression is hitting JW's at noticeable rates... Are't we suppossed to be protected from the maladies of this wicked world, and perpetually happy because of the hope?

I mean, you would expect very few cases of clinical depression within the spiritual paradise.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Well, given the oppressive & restrictive climate that is fostered within the borg, is it ever a wonder why there are many suffering from some form of depression?

• villabolo
    villabolo

It seems that the Jws attract those who are already predispossed to depression, perhaps for biological reasons. And those who did not suffer from depression before they joined are more likely to get it simply because of the nature of that religion.

villabolo

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I could name a hell of a lot more than 7-10.

• yellow
    yellow

Our cong had a high level of depression and I always wondered why. Cold it be the area we were living in? We had a huge petrochemical plant in the area. Maybe this was the reason. But on close inspection and speaking with mental health professionals J/ws had a high incidence of depression in the area and this inspite of being called Jehovahs happy people.

• yellow
    yellow

I forgot to add I visited many congs in Europe and abroad and always found this to be the case.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

yeah, it's rampmant in my congo and some in my household

• I discovered
    I discovered

I knew of a handful of jws that would talk about it.

One tried to kill herself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit