JWs--A Religion No One Really Cares About

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

I have'nt found many Catholics who care about Catholism. They were born in and baptised Catholic, call themselves Catholic and they have only been in a church for weddings and funerals.

I can see this as a trend for all religions. They call themselves SOMETHING, "just in case".

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"let us use easy math. Nearly 7 billion world poulation and 7 million witnesses - so 0.1% of the world are JW"

Sorry if this is gonna sound anal but it would actually be .001 or 0.1% which is 1/1000th, so miniscule

Wow me and hubby had a big discuss about this, it was fun lol

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

I had a couple of them knock on my door a week ago. First time in at least 5 years. I just smiled and nodded, took their magazine looked at it and laughed.

Little did they know I have been free from that wretched religion for 21 years this coming January. I think the original post here has it right because even though I grew up in the cult, time has made it to where I hardly ever think of them anymore. Even this site I find myself reading only every now and then.

They are nothing but self absorbed. Some are well meaning and are simply controlled. Hopefully one day the walls come down and the people set free.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

If every JW vanished from the earth tomorrow most of the world would never notice. Of those who would notice, most wouldn't care. Inthe global scheme of things, the JWs are less than nothing.

Who would pick up the trash and all those other menial jobs? We'd have to import more Mexicans!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Most people view the religion as yet another end-times cult, or another sect of fundamentalist Christianity. And they are not interested in a fundamentalist denomination--most are either members of a regular church, unaffiliated and happy with that, or Muslims (or some other religion). When they do get notice, it is because they keep showing up in colleges, stores, malls, and at people's doors with the same message--wasting people's time (and trying to make them late for work or their doctor's appointment unless they agree to a study).

However, the amount of damage they cause when they do get someone is enough to warrant having them exposed. People that do get suckered in waste their times, try getting everyone else in (instead of working), sacrifice whatever children they have to the cancer, and ruin their families. Plus, they try and create the illusion of being the only decent people in the world (not only to their members, but to the governments). Like any scam, they need to get shut down--I view being in that religion as if a person has spiritual AIDS (you are rendered spiritually sick, your spiritual immune system (common sense) is attacked, and you are assigned to spread it to everyone around).

• minimus
    minimus

The reason JWs believe they are so important is because Judge Rutherfraud said that they were God's chosen people, replacing natural Israel. Since they accepted it and DaJudge "proved" their relavance by scripture, now, all JWs recognize their special heritage. Yay!

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

Even when I was "mentally" in , i always hated it at assemblies when the speaker would "challenge the governments" etc. Also resolutions were passed (unanimously of course) as if there were reporters scribbling everything down in shorthand and then phoning their papers to "stop press, the JW's have just said something")

The icing on the cake is the backslap-a-thon of the AGM - things are said that matter to about 6 million people, and even then most don't hear what actually is said, just what they want to hear.

I work for a company where the press releases go out - and every major newspaper around the world has it on the their sites within hours.Not that it has any more relevance to the every man than the WT, but at least it has global reach :D

• minimus
    minimus

Ah yes, "challenging the governments"....I never got that. Judge Rutherford loved doing that. It made the little group feel powerful.

• TD
    TD

Of course, the logical corollary to all your observations is that the Witnesses are complete failures. JW's believe that it has been their job to inform people about the 'Cosmic courtroom' for many decades now. That commission is one of their proudest boasts.

But you can ask one hundred people on the street, "What is the universal issue facing mankind?" or "How will the challenge to Jehovah's sovereignty be settled?" or "When will God's name be vindicated?"

Nobody would know. Those questions are so alien and outlandish to the average person that if you actually tried this in a small town, there's a good chance you'd be locked up.

You could try more generic questions like, "What is God's kingdom?" or "What is God's name?"

You still wouldn't get the correct JW answers. Any way you look at it, the JW's simply have not done what they've proclaimed their job to be.

• minimus
    minimus

Well, a lot of sh*t went down in heaven in 1914, you know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit