Hello, I'm new here

by daveyJones 16 Replies latest jw friends

• daveyJones
    daveyJones

Hello, everybody. I've been raised a Witness, and I've been spoon-fed
    all that stuff about 1914, no facial hair, and every other JW teaching that they talk about. I've been a bit disillusioned lately with the stuff I've found out about the Society, with some research of my own and other research from sites or sources like these. Right now all I'm asking of all you here is a non-biased, truthful telling of what really goes on in the society. Ask me questions that would not compromise my anonymity, ask me specifically what I've been taught, find out what you feel you need to ask, and we'll go from there. Hope you respond.

D.J.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Welcome to hell.
    I sure hope you arent easily "stumbled"...

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Have you read Raymond Franz' two books? If not, please do!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Forget about Ray Franz. Why get your knowledge second hand?
    Go to the Berean Institute and get your Russell books.
    Your not allowed back till youve read them...

LOL
    just kidding.

• Francois
    Francois

I agree with ThiChi. Reading both of Ray's books is the best place to start.

Welcome.

How old are you? What part of what country are you really from? What has been the most horrific thing you've discovered for yourself thus far?

Francois

• lydia
    lydia

Welcome - we shall try to answer any and all questions you may have...Lydia

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Wecome to the Board DaveyJones.

You'll get a plethora of responses here from "Refiner's nonsense to that of folks like well, myself.

WELCOME

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well..lets see..do you know that Rutherford HIJACKED the church after Russell died in December 1916. The corporation lawyer used the law to set himself up as supreme dictator.
    How about that for starters?

And please dont call my postings nonsense, Yerusalyim, I scarcely post on this board,and can hardly be called controversial. Do you always attack strangers? I dont believe we have ever even spoken.
    Dont you talk to me...I dont even know who you are.

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome, davey!

How do they explain away the "new light" (which is not so new anymore) that Jesus is the mediator ONLY for the 144,000?

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

refiners fire:

That is all covered in Ray's book, COC!!! With lots of memos and WT citations............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit