Posted on Freeminds - your help pls

by besty 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• I discovered
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    You can't possibly judge what is going on with so little detail. Many newbies feel safer providing just a little bit of info

I could not take a side against the wife with so little detail....

The request has not come from a newbie, it has been forwarded from a long term member.

I have had a request for help, in the past, that proved to be from a particularly nasty character who told a very good persecution type story who did not have his case supported by the courts and, meanwhile, caused everyone he contacted, including politicians, and many of my friends, including the 'do gooder' who passed the information on to me, no end of trouble.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

May have been said already, but if this is in the US, many states will refuse to enforce child support if the wife does not allow reasonable visitation, meaning that there is no safety/protection issue for the children to be denied their father's regular visits.

That could gain leverage for a father who has not been allowed to see his children because of religious disagreement in a family. No judge in America I've heard of will consider religious differences as a reason to disallow visitation. "Spiritual danger" is not a reason to deny a father his children, it's not recognized by American courts.

• TD
    TD
    My wife just left me yesterday and took my 2 girls. She's hold [sic] up in the presiding overseers (big beautiful) custom built french country house.

Consult an attorney and if applicable, report the situation to law enforcement forthwith. Quit mucking around.

When one parent removes children to a second location for the express purpose of denying the other parent visitation or custody, that is parental kidnapping --a very, very serious legal issue.

• DJK
    DJK

When one parent removes children to a second location for the express purpose of denying the other parent visitation or custody, that is parental kidnapping --a very, very serious legal issue.

Agreed, although there may be issues we are unaware of. There's his side and her side of the story and this should be left for the courts.

Consult a lawyer and seek visitation rights for the children. IMO, the wife left for another man. Let the butterfly go, if it never comes back, then that's the way it was meant to be.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    IMO, the wife left for another man.

Wow. How did you get that from the openning post?

My initial thoughts were that they may be fleeing from domestic violence. Growing up in a violent home, it's where my mind goes.

Crazily enough, our home was used as refuge for other families who were escaping their own dangerous circumstances.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit