Another WT lie from Ground Zero..

by Patriot 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Patriot
    Patriot

I have been very busy lately but I had to stop for a few and write this.

It is beyond me why the WTS has the need to not only lie but to keep making stuff up as they go along. The latest being an experience related to the Jw’s at my local hall (a friend of mine who still goes told me). It seems the C.O. was visiting this week and related the following account:

“There is a cong. in midtown Manhattan that decided on a Saturday morning that instead of going out to their usual territory they would go down to “Ground Zero”. This being about 3 weeks after the attacks. Well off they went, about 8 of them, to go and preach the good news of the Kingdom to the rescue workers. They paired up and started talking to the workers amongst the rubble.

The results were amazing. Not only were a total of 131 magazines placed, but so were 39 books. But the best experience was that of a sister who had been praying to Jehovah about not having any Bible studies. It turns out that She just happened to talk to 3 people who live within the territory. Immediately 3 bible classes were started.

Such was the interest of one of these workers that he insisted on only working part time at the disaster site because he wanted more time to study the scriptures. He went from taking the studies once a week to 5 times in just two weeks. He progressed in knowledge to the point where he was teaching his wife and 2 sons what he was learning. He immediately began going to the meetings and answering at them. So much was his progress that he was allowed to get baptized last week at a circuit assembly!

Now the sister who did not have a study, now has a “recommendation card” with another 2 on the way! This teaches us how we really need to find those who “lament” of the things that are happening today and how we can’t hold back of preaching under every circumstance.” (Crowd breaks into about 2 minutes of applause)

How completely ridiculous!!! If ever there was a lie!

There is NO WAY that these Jdubs could have had access to GZ. NO WAY!! The closest that you could get is to a 5-block perimeter that has been set up since the attacks. Unless you have an official ID..And I mean OFFICIAL you cant get passed the perimeter. And even if you did have the proper ID you still have to let the Commanders in charge know that you are coming. You just can’t show up. Everyone needs to be accounted for, no matter who you are. Not only that..but these guys are WORKING!!

I guess that the WTBTS desperation is showing. But they Mucked up. They should not be telling a lie about something so close to home where it can be verified.

To all those in different states and countries please know that all these “experiences” being told to you by the D.Os and C.O.s from GZ are absolute lies.

Then again that’s the WT way.

Mav-

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Patriot: Excellent points about the limitations to get to GZ. Maybe if the fact of tight security could be documented, along with some kind of documentation as to who the Circuit Overseer is who is passing along this story, then maybe a trip to the media might expose the Society or at least its company men. They should not be permitted to get away with this kind of stuff. Thanks. - Amazing

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Patriot,

Thanks for that. If i remember correctly, you were one of the workers at Ground Zero, right? So you have 1st-hand info about who was allowed within the 5-block perimeter.

It's very opportunistic, manipulative, and dishonest to 'inspire' their people with tall tales. Plus, so easy to disprove.

Some other thread said that other religions offered only water and towels, while the JWs offered scriptural comfort. Or another way to put it: some offered real help, while the dubs recruited.

All the best to you,
    Pat

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Actually, they floated above the rubble with flames over their heads, the light of Moses on their faces, and they preached to the huddles masses.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I HATE liars.

ashi

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi Patriot,

This sort of thing is quite common;. By the way, what's the jerk's name? I know several JWs that submitted their experiences as suitable for relating at Circuit or District Assembleis who were ``encouraged'' to embellish theier stotes buy Distict lackeys.

• Satanus
    Satanus

patriot

Could you give a date when the 5 block perimiters were set up?

Thanks SS

• Patriot
    Patriot

The C.O.s name is Jorge Melgoza a true company man;

the perimeter was set up by the 4 construction companies that were contracted by the city to clean up..the date was more or less around the weekend of the 21-23 if I recall correctly. But even b4 an actual perimeter was established, the national guard and police were not letting anyone in.

Mav.-

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I'll see what I can find out.

The company I work for donated the ID card making equipment for tagging the workers in the week following September 11. These desk top units, printer, PC and video camera are used in hospitals (for example...as seen on ER, which was donated equipment too for cheap advertizing) to produce a plastic card with a persons name, photograph and some data on the mag stripe.

Thirdson

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Patriot,just one more reason you can`t trust a word that comes out of their mouths...OUTLAW

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Patriot:

Thank you so very much for filling us in on the "real truth". I can certainly understand your indignation at this constant "crowing and beating of the chest" the WTS is doing to bolster their image. Being right there in the GZ area and knowing the tight security there, it is a slap in your face and of all those who were and still are working there.

Thanks for supplying the name of the CO. And to hear further of the instructions of DOs to "embellish" the experiences at assemblies is just infuriating. It would be very gratifying to see the WTS and all these strutting banty roosters who are selling this BS to the masses, exposed, redfaced and sputtering.

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit