My 40th HS Reunion pic

by coffee_black 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Had a blast at my 40th HS reunion this past weekend. Helped to organize it...and that was half the fun. Here's a pic of the reunion committee... I'm 3rd from the left standing up.... taken just before everyone else started arriving. We had about half of the graduating class attend.

committee

Coffee

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Very nice. Do you Facebook with your high school friends?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Very nice. Do you Facebook with your high school friends?

Yes...some...not many are on facebook.... more are on classmates.com It's nice to be friends with these guys now... I couldn't when I was in HS.

Coffee

• Quandry
    Quandry

You must be about my age. I am 57. Is the woman seated in the middle a fellow student? The years have not been kind, if so.

Do they know you're not a JW anymore?

• Gayle
    Gayle

My brother, had been an obedient sacrificing JW kid, went to his class reunion couple years ago (class of '66) and remembered more than they did, (of what he missed out)!! They probably took more for granted, having more of a 'normal' teenage phase. He had been an obedient sacrificing JW kid. Regrettably, he had sacrificed his love of sports in school, and had been 2nd best according to P.E. tests as it was then. He, too, enjoyed his reunion; knowing him, probably the most popular then at the event, at least.

• dissed
    dissed

Coffee

I've been sharing your experience with my wife. She is feeling the same as you now that she is no longer a JW. Her 40th is in two years and is thinking she wants to get involved. Thanks for sharing.

• Gram
    Gram

Thank you for sharing your photos. You look GREAT! My 45th is next year and I am planning to attend. I live a 4 hour flight away, but try to get back every 5 years for the reunion. Our class was also small - 124 graduates. I have followed your story about the reunion with interest. Pretty much the same core group attends each time. Although an active JW when in high school, I was in concert band, German Club and some other activities.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hi Quandry,

I too am 57. The woman in the center, seated is Stephanie. She is 58...as are most of my classmates. She was class secretary... and she's now the main organizer of our reunions. If it wasn't for her, we probably wouldn't have reunions. Kindest, sweetest person you'll ever meet.

They all know I'm an xjw now... it's nice to be able to be friends with them now... couldn't when I was a teenage jw.

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

in background

Someone sent me a few more... I'm the blonde in the distant background...

blurr

And here's one that cracked me up... I think the camera had a few too many... I'm in the middle....

Coffee

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit