So, Was Your Life RUINED Because You Were A JW?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would say Jehovah Himself ruined it, and the Washtowel took advantage of the situation like so many vultures around the kill.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

NO! It gave me a different perspective, but overall, I'm thinking my life is good and for all the issues I have had with my mom, she was mostly a great mom, and I learned some good things in the hall and knew some lovely people. Wish I could take out all the icky/ugly/sad parts that involved the WT, but we all have those kind of parts of our life even without any WT association. All of my life until now led me TO now. Now is a good place, with good people, a lovely home, and an exciting prospect for my future-and without many of those things, I am alive and have hope. Nothing can take more of me than I allow. I certainly am NOT going to let a two bit charleton's religion 'ruin my life'. My life is too big to be ruined by one stupid corporation in NYC.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

No - I did pass up certain opportunities that I can never revisit and there is some regret there, however it has lead me where I am today and I'm extremely happy where I'm at.

• trebor
    trebor

Like many, I wouldn't say "ruined" but certainly manipulated and influenced for both better and worse. There certainly are worse lots in life. However, there were many lost opportunities, happy occassions as well as cutting off of family and friends as a result of being both in and out of Jehovah's Witnesses. But then again, who knows how things would have evolved without it.

Anyhow, I am extremely happy and grateful that my wife and me are out. Thankfully, her parents have joined us, and sadly my parents and siblings have not and as indoctrinated by the Watchtower Society are shunning us (My father was talking to us for a whlie but I think the pressure and choices between talking to us and dealing with all the aggrivation and issues or not talking to us and continue coping with the rest of the family in the cult has become too much).

To sum up, no it wasn't ruined but definitely manipulated and controlled, leaving life-long scars and damage.

-Trebor

• wobble
    wobble

I think my life would have been totally different had I never been in, I think it is near enough ruined by the W.T

I am nearly retiring age, I have no real provision for that, yes I started a pension in August 1975 because of not believing it would all be over by October.

But because I did believe in just having "sustenance and covering " and not being "materialistic", in the subsequent years I was never in a position to contribute much into the pension plan. They really do have a lot to answer for, the GB/WT.

I am now free, I have found Jesus,(or rather He found me ) and my life is a happy, if humble one, so the past is not of interest to me now, regrets are a waste of time and emotion.

I just hope we can all help as many as possible avoid wasting their lives in a Cult that is just a publishing corporation.

Love

Wobble

• minimus
    minimus

I think Danny Haszard's life was ruined.

I wonder how that Maniac (he lives in Maine) is doing?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I dunno about ruining my life but it has put some major strain in my marriage. Wifey in and I'm out kinda thing. I still do not know how that will end up. As for my family that aren't JW's, I'm trying like hell to rectify things and bring about some sort of norm. It is happening slowly tho.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit