Second Russian Court Rules Against Jehovah's Witnesses

by Kenneson 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Is this really the kind of messages we want to find here? Messages where one calls for murder?

I know! That IS very "old testament" isn't it? And new testament too I suppose:

Luke 19:27 - But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me."

Either way - those calls for violence ARE too "biblical" and should not be shared in civilized culture.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Do pro-Jehovah's Witness sites on the internet ban "apostates"? They sure do. How do they treat those whom they disfellowship? Why don't they afford others what they wish for themselves? If they have a right to regulate who and who they do not want in their midst, why do not governments? JW's consider "apostates" troublemakers and Russia considers JWs troublemakers. Maybe JWs have brought upon their own heads what is going on in Russia. They should be more careful of what they say in their literature about other religions and the governments, including Russia's. It's coming back to bite them.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    good news I hope the RUSSIANS put all the top jw's in Russia in jail for life send them to the gulag and stone to death every jw lawyer that lies in court. this makes me so happy . too bad the united states gov't didn't finish off the wts in 1919

judge rutherfraud,

You need help, people shouldn't be killed or imprisoned for their religious beliefs. Would you really want to live somewhere where the government imprisons people for belonging to a cult? I'm all for freedom of speech but calling for people to be stoned to death crosses the line into intolerence, fascism and persecution. You are doing a great disservice to all the people on this board trying to recover from their involvement in the JW cult. You are an idiot, see a shrink.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Go Russia Go! And isn't this sooo true.... "...“incitement to social isolation,” and behaviours that undermine the civil life of the country." Here is the article's text:

10/05/2009 17:08 RUSSIA Altai court condemns Jehovah’s Witnesses for “extremism”

Some of the group’s publications are blamed for inciting religious confrontation. Jehovah’s Witnesses respond saying the texts in question are distributed in 200 countries around the world. The Altai court ruling is like one handed down in Rostov in mid-September. Similar trials are underway before other Russian courts.

Moscow (AsiaNews/Agencies) – A city court in the city of Gorno-Altaisk , Altai Republic , found the Jehovah’s Witnesses guilty of religious extremism. The sentence follows a similar decision handed down against the religious group in mid-September by a court in Rostov , which ruled that the group’s publications contain “extremist material” (see “Court in Rostov bans Jehovah’s Witnesses for being religious extremists,” AsiaNews , 17 September 2009 ). Altogether the court in the Siberian Republic banned 18 publications by the Jehovah’s Witnesses after they were submitted to expert analysis, which concluded they included incitement to religious confrontation.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses Administrative Centre in Moscow , which is recognised by Russian authorities, has already appealed the decision by the court in Gorno-Altaisk. However, the situation for the religious group is very delicate. The latest ruling comes in the wake of that in Rostov and before others expected in other regions of the Russian Federation , where legal proceedings are currently underway. The charge is the same: incitement of religious extremism.

The material in question is the same as those the group publishes and distributes across Europe and in about 200 countries around the world, in 176 different languages.

For the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the latest case represents another attack by the legal system of Russia ’s republics. “Such a decision may lead to the legalisation of illegal actions against peaceful citizens who wish to worship God in accordance with their own conscience and the principles of the sacred scriptures, the Bible," the Jehovah’s Witnesses centre said.

The Christian group is among the most harassed religious minorities in the territories of the former Soviet Union .

Numbered at around 200,000, Jehovah’s Witnesses are accused across the Russian Federation of sectarianism, “religious extremism,” “incitement to social isolation,” and behaviours that undermine the civil life of the country.

• metatron
    metatron

This could work out very well. What's the worst that could happen? Probably, they take away the organization's property (good) and create a nation wide focus on issues like breaking up families. This focus then could spread to Europe, to places like France and Belgium, as they try to appeal to human rights authorities there. Individuals probably would be forced into underground preaching and occassional arrest, not quite like the former Soviets.

It may put the organization in a very difficult position, after things like deliberate lying to European bureaucrats about the blood issue. What needs to happen now is to help the Russians get the right focus on the right issues - that push the Watchtower into a corner internationally. Everybody in power in Europe needs to know especially about 1) deliberate breaking up families thru ordered shunning and 2) deliberate deception on the matter of taking blood and getting DA'd

metatron

• sacolton
    sacolton
    Numbered at around 200,000, Jehovah’s Witnesses are accused across the Russian Federation of sectarianism, “religious extremism,” “incitement to social isolation,” and behaviours that undermine the civil life of the country.

Wow! They got that right ... wish i did my homework before joining this extremism cult.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Wow. Sounds like the Russian federation is teaching the right things at the right time! COuld they be the FDS????

• Caedes
    Caedes

I think a few people can't see beyond their experience of the dubs to see that this is a very bad idea. Aside from the issue of playing straight into the JW love of persecution, the idea of imprisoning people for their religious beliefs is fundamentally wrong. It is at complete odds with any idea of freedom and natural justice and I would oppose any such moves in my own country.

I can't believe anyone thinks this is good.

• dissed
    dissed

Who really are the human rights violators? Why does Russia see the need to try and protect its citizens?

Harmful practices?

They Isolate JW's away from families as they are viewed as bad or dangerous association

Extreme shunning practices for even minor offenses. Used as a weapon to inflict hurt on its members

Minor doubts of just thoughts are not permitted with threats of absolute shunning as punishment

Victims of child molesters are threatened with extreme punishment if they seek help from government authorities

Those who try and assist the victims are threatened with expulsion

Members are threatened with expulsion if they seek life saving medical treatment of a blood transfusion

Children are isolated and not permitted to develope normal friendships outside their organization

Children are not permitted to participate in normal extracurricular activities at schools

Members are not permitted to read outside sources of knowledge with threat of expulsion

Under extreme views causing hatred of other religious groups?

Other religions are ALL from Satan and are a lurking place of demons and its members are deserving of death, even little children

Extreme views of standing governements?

The existing goverment is under the control of Satan and is evil. ALL its citizens are deserving of dying a horrible death.

• milola
    milola

"playing straight into the JW love of persecution"

Gotta agree with you there . I can almost imagine the talk where they will be all happy beacause Russia is persecuting them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit