Confessing

by STRUGGLE 116 Replies latest jw friends

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

Hi Stuggle-

my name is harmony and i'm 25 years old. i've been reading all these posts with great interest. i'm sorry life has been a struggle for you lately. i just wanted to make an observation. for one reason or another, your elder's meeting keeps getting postponed. maybe that is a sign or something from god telling you that you don't need to meet with the elders, that god forgives you and knows what is in your heart and loves you.

i also want you to know that you are a wonderful person and you shouldn't beat yourself up over perfectly natural feelings(love). i think you've shown all of us and god that you are truly repentant regarding your "sin" (fornication). you've stopped "sinning" and remember it is not a sin to fall in love. heck-you can't control who you love--you just fall in love!

hope all goes well!

love harmony

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Struggle, what a week you've had. Harmony has some good points, however. Rather than being a punishment, perhaps the things that are occurring are because you are being informed that the committee meeting is not necessary.

TW is also correct in stating that many of us felt that anything bad that happened to us was punishment for our sins. In reality, however, bad things happen ALL the time to everyone....it's just part of life. If it's mechanical, it will probably break. If it's alive, it will get sick.....and probably throw up on the most important papers you have....that you need right at that moment.

• STRUGGLE
    STRUGGLE

To Thinker's Wife, RedhorseWoman and Larc

Thanks for the reminders. I do feel that when I do wrong bad things happen to me. I almost forgotten that bad things happen to everyone if they are "alive" at some point and time.
    It happens to good people.

Welcome peaceloveharmony

Thanks for the great insight. I look forward to hearing from you in future threads. It is indeed part of human nature to fall in love, to want companionship.

• larc
    larc

Struggle,

How do you plan to handle your up coming meeting? What are you going to tell them? I think you will be less nervous and less afraid if you think this through. Rather than ask us for advice, I think you should think it through on your own.

• STRUGGLE
    STRUGGLE

That's all I have been doing is thinking what I will tell.
    I am still leaning towards not telling them everything to be honest. Just a series of things that has happen, the elders expressions etc. I can't explain it. I have even put my thoughts down on paper. (for my personal use)

But one never knows until they are there before the elders talking.
    Being questioned. Right, right.

• larc
    larc

Struggle,

I don't understand: a series of things that happened. I thought one thing happened and that was it.

• larc
    larc

Struggle,

When you "tell all", are you going to turn in your brothers and admit that you talk to them?

• joel
    joel

The elders are not priests...we have one mediator...I confess to Him.

But what about the scriptures that talk about confessing to the elders you ask?

IF...they were full of God's Spirit...and IF...they were your true shepherd, who knew you well, had gained your respect and confidence...well...maybe that person would meet the Bible's standards for one to confess your sin to...if not...God is there for that purpose...which is perferred...don't ya think.

Best to ya from an ex-elder!

Pax,
    joel

• larc
    larc

Joel,

Have you read the entire history of advice given to struggle? There is nothing more that can be said except to extend our love and let her decide what to do, and I am not putting you down by saying that. At some point she has to decide and act on her decision.

• larc
    larc

Struggle,

At some point you have to make a decision and live by it. The time is now to do that. Living in between everything, as you are now, is giving you misery, so decide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit