paranoid and ready to officially leave!

by leftchica 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• oompa
    oompa

leftchica........i feel your pain

it could be the only real reason he "likes being a jw" is that he dreads the thought of losing his family, and perhaps his friends....losing your entire social structure when you have been raised in is a frightening and painful reality he faces.....especially your parents and children which is what i now face............the inner turmoil he may feel over this will likely get worse if he really comes to believe they are just a fraudulent religion

as far as changes to the bible which was my deal breaker issue, just know that all 237 uses of the name jehovah are not valid in the greek scriptures....many of them are not even quotes from the hebrew scriptures which is what they claim....just check the insight book under heading of jehoavh, use in the greek scriptures and you will see there is not a single ancient manuscript that contains the divine name.........but they dont care about that, they love the name so much and so want to disprove the trinity teaching that they add the name jehovah wherever they feel like and that includes all 12 times in revelation where not a single use is a hebrew scripture quote, and it is in direction violation of the powerful scripture found at revelation 22:18,19 which forbids the changing of the scrolls of revelation.....when i found out they had actually CHANGED the bible, my piled high shelf of doubts came crashing down..........marriage life has been tough ever since.....my wife is still hardcore jw and will likely never wake up..........oompa

• 4thefaithful
    4thefaithful

Have you ever considered going to the local magistrate court and applying for a restraining order against these guys? Who knows, it just might work. It is clear that you feel you're being harrassed and maybe stalked as well.

• kriptonian7
    kriptonian7

i know exactly how you feel. Towards the end of my stint in the witnesses, they were coming over 2 times a week to speak to me. I dodged getting baptised, as in i actualy didnt show up to the assembly that it was supposed to happen. Man my family was pissed. keep in mind at the time I was around 17 - 18.

Its amazing the "fear" that you have inside when you know that they are looking to speak to you. My situation was different. I was a child. it was not my home, and also my questions were just discarded as young emotional confusion. No faith in my "god given will" to make an intelligent assesment of a situation and ask questions. You get you answers thru your faith in that what God has taught you is right and what the bible says and the elders...blah blah blah..

I got to the point where I wanted to speak to them because I wanted them to give me answers. My faith wasnt in question it was the JW 's system. My faith,and my relationship with God has always been strong. I always felt I had a personal relationship with Him that they could not understand . I felt bad for one brother that was speaking to me. he was new in the truth relatively speaking and i think they brought him because he was young and maybe had a young personas insight i guess. I ate him alive with my questioning. I was young and a little abrasive. i had a wit that cut and i went for the jugular everytime. (i have developed a filter in my older age)

My point to this is that they are MEN. FEAR NOT WHAT MORTAL MAN CAN DO TO YOU.

I am more concearned about your relationship with your husband. Your relationship with Jehovah will always be there no matter what you do or what desicion you make in regards to your situation. I feel i have gotten closer to God since i have separated my self. All they did was pollute my faith with all of their regurgitated information that you hear weekend and week out. geez, my mother has been telling me the end is near since i was 10 yrs old.

The whole JW organization was developed on questioning the system and the beliefs that were being taught. Why now should it be any different. ya know what? im going to start my own religion..everyone join....Temple of the Drew...we will do our meetings and bible studies conference call style so that we can still go to school at night and mow the yard on a sat morning. Our assemblies will be at the bowling alley where we drink pitchers of cheap booze till we have visions..

amen

• kriptonian7
    kriptonian7

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Black Sheep's #1 rule. Kill them with kindness and just keep asking them to "clarify" and "verify" your question. Use their own literature so they can't use that against you and make excuses.

Praying4justice is right...i forgot to add something...

Fear is the product of the unprepared mind. if you arm yourself with the information before hand you will handle them and their attempts to vaguely dodge the questions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit