Rumor: JWs in Canada paid for new recruits???

by Saoirse 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Does anyone have the total number of hours reported in the preaching work? It would be interesting to see how much the WTS would have had to fork out if they were required to pay minimum wage ($10/hour where I live) for the preaching work.

According to their official website, the 2008 Annual Report states that there were 1,488,658,249 hours spent in the preaching work in 2008.

That would amount to $14,886,582,490. They couldn't afford to pay minimum wage, it would bankrupt them. No wonder they want slave labour.

• baltar447
    baltar447

What a load of crap, lol

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I got $ 20,000 for bringing in a new follower but then later on I was notified that I had repay the WTS. $30,000,

I asked my PO why was that ? and he said it was due to the privilege of service in spreading this vital and

important message to all mankind before the end of this system of things.

In reality it was a service charge...........dam WTS.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Thank you dissed. I had forgotten all about Special Pioneers. That scenario makes sense. I have no idea where the $1200 comes from unless that was their monthly/yearly stipend. Not much to live on either way. The special pioneer I knew lived with her parents and got handouts from congregation members. I'd love to know what they are actually paid and how many there are.

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, they are paid for new recruits - only they won't receive payment until they're well and truly in the new system... oh, well, I guess that means they'll never get paid.

• Frank75
    Frank75

$1200!!!

It probably costs 1000X that much just to make a convert.

Yeah people who have never been in should leave the maligning to us....

Frank75

• dissed
    dissed

Saoirse

Someone said $600, so if married $1,200.

Not sure if accurate info because I heard it on an apostate site JWN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit