Rumor: JWs in Canada paid for new recruits???

by Saoirse 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

For the 2nd time this week, when I mentioned to someone that I am a former JW, I was asked if JWs were paid for each new recruit. One girl told me that she heard that JWs were paid $1200 for each new convert. I told them it wasn't true and I had never heard of this before. I never attended a Canadian congregation and I never heard this rumor in the US. Does anyone know why people think that or where that rumor got started?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In Watchtower World,the money only flows one way..

The WBT$ is`nt going to pay out $1200.00..

For something thats as Disposable, as a Jehovah`s Witness..

• asilentone
    asilentone

Someone must have made up that lie to make the witnesses look bad more than it is necessary.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You get a little 'treasure in Heaven' when you convert someone.

• wobble
    wobble

Yup, it is of course a load of bollocks, I was told this here in the U.K , I was glad it was not true, because I hardly made a new recruit, but I could have done with a few quid to reimburse me for all the effort and expense I went to trying to make recruits.

The rumour is like all urban myths, no truth in them, but somehow they are illuminating, both about the subject matter , and the purveyor of the rumour.

Love

Wobble

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Makes no sense why would they start giving monetary rewards when they can get people to work for free?

LD

• Farkel
    Farkel

The WTS gets the recruit virtually for free. The recruit pays the WTS virtually for life.

Farkel

• sir82
    sir82

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

The Watchtower actually paying out money voluntarily....now THAT'S funny!

• dissed
    dissed

Okay, they do pay JW's to witness, sort of.......

We used to live in a territory with several Special Pioneers, who of course were paid to preach.

Anyone from a small town knows the following to be true. There are no secrets. The Post Office, Bank, all know your life, and when you are paid by the WTS.

This was the rumor we were constantly answering at the door, "I heard you get paid to be a JW. How can I get one of those checks?" Some even knew the amounts.

• caliber
    caliber

Come take life's waters free ( It will merely require you to devout the rest of this "old system life "to us ....a very small price to pay.) (offer may expire without notice ) No present reward is required seeing that you will receive the grand reward hereto for promised (sort of )!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit