To all the Christians on here...

by homeschool 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

After I left the JWs, I spent over 10 yrs being so-called open minded. I looked at everything (Buddhism, Paganism, New Age, Agnostic) EXCEPT Christianity. Those Christians are crazy you know - and demonized! They're just like JWs! Why would I ever want to be one of those? I guess I wasn't so "open-minded" was I?

This view seems a little extreme, though I realize it's *your* view. ;-) Coming from an agnostic point of view, I'm curious if all Christians feel the same as those who commented above. I'm trying to explore all religions, and definitely including Christianity. I'm afraid, though, that if I'm supposed to feel like the rest of the world is "lost" if I'm to be a true Christian, I don't know if I could do that.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Apparently you're not a "true" Christian Wavvy.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that God speaks to people in mnay different ways.

I also believe that, regardless of how "clear" the bible may be in regards to who is saved, I am NOT qualified to judge, so I don't.

I also know that, in the end, if there is a God, "many will say "lord, Lord" and I will not know you".

We must never fail to remember that God, through Jesus will decide, no one else will.

I am sure that there will probably many surprises when the time comes, LOL !

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

How come my last post isn't showing up?

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

AwSnap, Were you raised a JW? In the JW view, mainstream Christians are considered to be part of Christendom and actually under control of the Devil. JWs are even instructed not to attend weddings or funerals in a church. Because of that, it's common for ex-JWs to have a weird feeling about Christianity & churches. I don't see that as extreme at all.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I call myself a Christian with a deep faith in my God. My faith is not in the Bible but in a personal God, and it is he who decides who shall be saved or lost, not I. He sees the mind, I do not. I judge others by their actions, but I judge myself by my motives. God sees the inner-most workings of the mind.

The Bible is a human book, it was not written by the divine, but is an expression of the limted human mind, with its errors and misconceptions. Beware of bibliolatry. Have a personal relationship with God, not with books produced by humans.

BTW, most of my relations are Jewish, across the range of conviction. My Mum, who is almost 99 years old, tells me that her dad, who was gassed by the Nazis, was an avowed atheist.

Doug

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I think you will find that Muslims are far more tolerant of Christians than the other way around, and they accept Jesus Christ.

Doug

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Saoirse, I was a jw for a very long time. After I left, I did just exactly what you speak of. I went in the complete opposite direction and hated ALL Christianity. But now I'd say I'm agnostic for now. ;-)

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I do believe in a creator. I'm at a place where I feel that god is god, be it Allah, Shiva, Jesus - he made himself manifest in different ways, different cultures and at the core of all beliefs there is some truth, it's mens' corrupt desire that messes things up.

• homeschool
    homeschool

Thanks guys (and gals)...I appreciate all the answers & comments

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit