To all the Christians on here...

by homeschool 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wavvy
    wavvy

Hmmm... I don't want to be insulting.... but, in that case, what makes you different from the JWs? You are still judging the rest of the world. Just swapped one church for another, but quite possibly you are no more open-minded than you were as a JW. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• RR
    RR

Wavvy, who are you talking too?

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Hi wavvy,

judgment: the cognitive process of reaching a decision or drawing conclusions

Pointing out biblical truth is not judging. Pointing someone towards salvation is not judging. Guidance maybe, but not judging. If you knew someone was in danger, wouldn't you warn them?

JWs are a counterfeit Christianity. Nothing but a deception meant to lead people away from Christ. You can't compare the two because they are nothing alike.

As far as open-minded - I guess that depends on what your definition of open minded is.

After I left the JWs, I spent over 10 yrs being so-called open minded. I looked at everything (Buddhism, Paganism, New Age, Agnostic) EXCEPT Christianity. Those Christians are crazy you know - and demonized! They're just like JWs! Why would I ever want to be one of those? I guess I wasn't so "open-minded" was I?

Those other beliefs or non-beliefs never brought me real peace or joy. They only made me more confused. The true Christians (non-JWs) I encountered over the years were the only ones that seemed to me to have their act together. They weren't perfect, no one is, but they were joyful, they had peace, they weren't bitter and negative all the time. At one time, I used to despise them for it. I guess because I knew they had something I didn't. Sad isn't it? But deep down, that's what I really wanted.

When I finally turned my life over to Christ, He completely changed me. He turned my world upside and made me into a new person. For the first time in my life, I knew what freedom was and I have never looked back. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

• wavvy
    wavvy

I guess I am talking to anyone who still believes that their way of worship is the only right way and that anyone else is wrong. I have the greatest respect for Jesus and I love the Bible, but I think that Buddha and Confucius had it right as well. I guess in answer to homeschool's question, yes, I think that non-Christian religions also have the truth. I am not talking about doctrine, because as far as I'm concerned that is all just philosophical debate which it is not possible to verify one way or the other. I'm talking about morals and ethics. Individuals in those religions are just as capable of living a life of 'truth' as any Christian. How can we say that one way is better than the other? A wise and loving God should be able to recognise the genuine love of him no matter which religious practices accompany it. Like yknot... I think if there is one thing we should have learned from the JWs, it is the danger of being narrow-minded and judging.

RR: I like your thought that all people will be helped regardless of religious affiliations. But do you mean that all people will have to become Christians? Once again, I hope that this does not sound insulting. Personally I just find that there is such a lot of wisdom in Eastern religions that I find it surprising that other people think Christianity is the only way. In fact to me part of the appeal and wisdom of many Eastern religious philosophies is that they do not claim to have the one and only truth.

• RR
    RR

Well the thread was addressed to Christians

• wavvy
    wavvy

Do you think I am not a Christian?

• White Dove
    White Dove

I think someone is trying to derail this thread.

I'm not a Christian, so I won't try to answer the question.

• wavvy
    wavvy

My apologies once again, if it seems I am trying to 'derail' this thread. I was merely expressing my Christian opinion. I didn't know there were rules against that.

I'll butt out now and let you guys continue your discussion...

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

If one is to start with broad thoughts on the various faiths, considering which one has the truth becomes much easier.

The Eastern religions are full of self stultifying statements - "The truth that can be said is not the truth." Is that the truth? With all the contradictions within a given line of Eastern faith (which practicioners of such faiths are proud to point out such internal contradictions and encourage cognitive disonance), I rejected them out of hand.

The Koran simply does not measure up to the Bible. http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/index.html

As for the Christian faith, as long as one adheres to the fundamentals of the faith, peripheral doctrines are irrelavant.

As a Christian, I do not judged others - that is God's business. I do warn them out of love and concern. Perhaps if someone pointing out sin bothers you so, maybe it is your own conscience that is judging you.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hmmm, interesting replies...so you feel like non-christians are lost?

Luke 15 Luke 19

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit