I'm Still Torn About the Blood Issue

by palmtree67 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi Marvin,

Yahoo is closing Geocities down on Oct 26.

In time, I will work out how to find another site and try to work out if it can accept the site that I created. And Geocities was free.

Grab what you want and use as you wish, provided nothing is altered.

Doug

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

This thread has become the most informative on the blood issue that has ever been done on this forum to date

and its certainly worthy of bookmaking for future reference.

Congratulations to all who posted and made a comment.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Blood is also biblically symbolic of corruption. In the scriptures we read that "flesh and blood" cannot inherit the Kingdom of Heaven; however, when Jesus was resurrected, he was resurrected as flesh and bone. He was not still living, neither was he a spirit. "Touch me," he said. "Handle me and see. A spirit hath not flesh and bone as ye see I have."

The Watchtower Society argues that this body was fabricated, and that it wasn't what Jesus was; merely a representation of what he had become. But elsewhere in the scripture we read that all men will be resurrected in the same way and in the same form. There will be no resurrected spirits, neither will Jesus ever be a spirit again. When he appears to the Jews on the Mount of Olives, one will say to him, "What are these wounds in thy hands (and feet)?" And he will reply, "These are the wounds I received in the house of my friends." That's why Zachariah says a cry of lamentation will go up throughout the land. At that moment the Jews will know that their fathers slew the Messiah, and thus the Jewish nation will be converted overnight.

Blood is the corruption. Even urine is generally sterile until it exits the human body. Only then does it begin to acquire and grow bacteria. But blood can be corrupt while it runs in the veins. Alas, so can other parts of the body. We're all subject to death and corruption, and blood flows throughout our whole systems and yes, it represents life and, shed, it represents death. Christ's blood was shed for man, and only Jesus could offer up a sacrifice for sin that covers all people, and all living things. I suppose in the resurrection, it will be spirit that courses through our veins, for then we will be without death and without corruption.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

So many interesting thoughts!!!

Thank-you soooo much everyone, I appreciate ALL of the replies, sincerely.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Bumping to the top

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit