WT Annual Meeting is tomorrow, 3 October, 2009.

by Open mind 13 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I'll try and be there in spirit

• startingover
    startingover

Remember the word circulating among the JW's in the fall of 2001, that there was going to be a big announcement at the annual meeting that year? Nothing special was said, so some speculated that they were going to announce a change in their view of the UN, and proof that this was OK was that Jehovah was still blessing the org even though they had been associated with the UN for a decade before. However the news of their involvement broke before the meeting and it was speculated that they had to cancel the announcement.

This thread takes me back to my days of rubbing shoulders with the big wigs of the org growing up. Nothing like knowing someone in a position of power personally to create a bias. Just like paying big bucks to attend a convention in another country, I'm sure some spend big money just to attend this event. Wonder if they'll come home with an autograph.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Most of my family will be there but since they don't actually SPEAK to me anymore, I won't have anything to report.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another reminder to not take worldly news reports against the witlesses seriously, perhaps? What they won't say is that the householders (who may or may not be armed with dogs, cars, or a can of pepper spray) are going to see these reports, and act accordingly. Which householder is going to let the witlesses molest (or kill) their babies?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit